Round 9 of the 2015 Australian Ice Hockey League season has finished with wins for the Newcastle North Stars, Perth Thunder, Sydney Bears and Melbourne Mustangs. Of note the game involving the Perth Thunder and Melbourne Mustangs at the Perth Arena as a pre-game event to the Canada v USA Ice Hockey Classic match saw the Thunder defeat the Mustangs 4-3 in front of a 2,000 strong crowd. The Thunder remain on top of the standings, three points clear of the second placed North Stars. Round 10 starts this Thursday with the Mustangs taking on the Ice in Melbourne and then six games are scheduled for the weekend. Seven of the eight teams are in action with only the Perth Thunder sitting out the round on a bye.
For more information on the AIHL see their website.
Round 9 results:
- Melbourne Ice 4 – 8 Newcastle North Stars (17:00, 20 June 2015, Hunter Ice Skating Stadium).
- Melbourne Mustangs 3 – 4 Perth Thunder (15:15, 20 June 2015, Perth Arena).
- CBR Brave 3 – 4 Sydney Bears (17:30, 20 June 2015, Phillip Ice Skating Centre).
- Melbourne Mustangs 6 – 2 Adelaide Adrenaline (15:30, 21 June 2015, Adelaide Ice Arena).
- Melbourne Ice 4 – 6 Sydney Bears (17:00, 21 June 2015, Penrith Ice Palace).
- Newcastle North Stars 5 – 2 Sydney Ice Dogs (17:00, 21 June 2015, Liverpool Catholic Club Ice Rink).
Standings at the end of Round 9:
|Newcastle North Stars||14||9||0||3||2||30|
|Sydney Ice Dogs||13||0||1||0||12||2|