– The Brave have announced the re-signing of Jordon Brunt, Mitchell Henning, Bayley Kubara, and Alex Tétreault
– Jayden Lewis has re-signed with the Brave, having last played for the club in 2015. Lewis has spent the last two seasons playing junior hockey in Finland. In the 2017-18 season Lewis played for KaKiPo U20 and PaiHa U20 and currently has 10 points from 21 games.
– Dary Flanagan has signed with the Brave having spent last season playing for the Melbourne Ice. The 2018 season will be Flanagan’s third in the AIHL, having previously played for the Mustangs in 2016.
– For more information see the announcement from the club
– The Bears have re-signed Brian Funes and Jeremy Vasquez for the 2018 season. Funes will return for his third season with the Bears and eighth in the AIHL having previously played for the Ice Dogs from 2011 to 2015. Vasquez returns for his third season with the club. For more information see the announcement from the club
The Australian men’s national under-20 team have lost their final game of the 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey U20 World Championship Division II Group B tournament, losing to Belgium 1-5. Forward Lynden Lodge was named best Australian player of the match, his second for the competition, and goaltender Alex Tetreault was named best Australian player of the tournament. In other games of the day Serbia defeated Mexico 7-4 and South Korea beat Spain 5-3. Australia finishes the tournament in last place and as a result are relegated to Division III for the 2018 World Championships. South Korea, who won the tournament, are promoted to Division II Group A for 2018.
The Australian men’s national under-18 team have won their opening game of the 2016 IIHF Ice Hockey U18 World Championship Division III Group A tournament, defeating Bulgaria 4-3. Goaltender Alexandre Tetreault was named best Australian player of the match. In other games of the day Israel defeated Mexico 3-1 and Turkey beat Chinese Taipei 5-4 in overtime. After the end of the first round Australia sit in second place, equal on points with leaders Israel. The team takes on Chinese Taipei today in their second game of the tournament.