The Australian Women’s Ice Hockey League have announced the winners of their 2018-19 season player awards. The Sydney Sirens picked up four of the six awards with the Melbourne picking up the remaining two. For more information see the league’s announcement.
– Best Forward: Christina Julien (Melbourne Ice)
– Best Defence: Amelia Matheson (Sydney Sirens)
– Best Goaltender: Sera Dogramaci (Sydney Sirens)
– Nellie Gee Rookie of the Year: Olivia Last (Sydney Sirens)
– Highest Points: Christina Julien (Melbourne Ice)
– Skaters Network Most Valuable Player of the Finals: Sharna Godfrey (Sydney Sirens)
– The Ice have announced the re-signing of Canadian forward Christina Julien for the upcoming 2018-19 season. Julien has spent the last two seasons playing for the Ice and has recorded 49 points in 23 regular season games. For more information see the announcement from the club
– The Melbourne Ice have announced the signing of Canadian Jessica Pinkerton for the upcoming 2017-18 season. Pinkerton has previously played for the University of Guelph in the Canadian Interuniversity Sport system and the Whitby Wolves of the Provincial Women’s Hockey League.
– The club also announced the re-signing of Canadian forward Christina Julien for the upcoming season. Julien joined the Ice last season where she finished as the league leading scorer with 40 points in 14 games.