The Melbourne Ice’s Christopher Wong has signed with HCK U20 of the Jr. A Mestis for the 2014-15 season. Wong has spent the last two seasons playing in the Australian Junior Ice Hockey League and will compete in his third season in Finland, having previously played in the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons.
The Melbourne Ice have announced that Chris Wong will miss the rest of the season due to a shoulder injury is sustained in the recent game against Canberra. Wong will have reconstructive surgery today. He is expected to be fit for the start of the Australian Junior Ice Hockey League and will be available for selection for the national under-20 team.
Not much happening this week but here are some highlights:
- Will Brodie from The Age talks to Perth Thunder General Manage Stan Scott ahead of their season opener.
- Nathan Walker completed his first season in the American Hockey League for the Hershey Bears, scoring five goals and six assists in 43 games.
- Mustangs Joseph Hughes receives a four game suspension for kicking the Ice’s Christopher Wong when he was down on the ice. See the HockeyWise article for more information.
- David Penrose looks at the Adelaide Adrenaline ahead of their 2014 season opener.
- Simon Kirckman looks at the Ice Dogs upcoming game against the CBR Brave.
Have any other news of note? Please post in the comments below.