The AIHL have announced the winners of the 2017 awards. For more information on the awards, including the voting process and nominees, see the
article on theAIHL.com.
– Most Valuable Player:
Cameron Critchlow (Adelaide Adrenaline)
– Defenceman of the Year: Rob Haselhurst (Perth Thunder)
– Rookie of the Year: Bayley Kubara (CBR Brave)
– Goaltender of the Year: Damien Ketlo (Sydney Ice Dogs)
– Coach of the Year: Dave Ruck (Perth Thunder)
AIHL and tagged 2017 AIHL season, Adelaide Adrenaline, Bayley Kubara, Cameron Critchlow, CBR Brave, Damien Ketlo, Dave Ruck, Perth Thunder, Rob Haselhurst, Sydney Ice Dogs on .
September 9, 2017
Leave a comment
The 2017 AIHL All-Star Weekend got underway today with the Skills Competition being held at the O’Brien Group Arena. The Melbourne Mustangs claimed three of the seven competitions with Jamie Bourke, Patrick O’Kane and Matt Beattie all claiming one each. The Melbourne Ice claimed two with Joseph Hughes picking up both, the Adelaide Adrenaline won one competition through Josef Rezek and the Sydney Ice Dogs picked up one with Damien Ketlo. The All-Star Weekend continues tomorrow with the All-Star Game.
For more information on the Weekend see the
league website and for more on the skills competition see the article on theAIHL.com.
– Air Canada Fastest Skater:
Patrick O’Kane (Melbourne Mustangs) – 11 seconds
– APA Group Breakaway Challenge: Joseph Hughes (Melbourne Ice)
– Shooting Accuracy: Jamie Bourke (Melbourne Mustangs) – 9.3 seconds
– Rifle Media Stickhandling: Joseph Hughes (Melbourne Ice)
– Skaters Network Hardest Shot: Matt Beattie (Melbourne Mustangs) – 146 km/h
– Ryzer Elimination Shootout: Josef Rezek (Adelaide Adrenaline)
– Goaltender Race: Damien Ketlo (Sydney Ice Dogs)
Last updated 6 June 2017
AIHL and tagged 2017 AIHL All-Star Skills Competition, 2017 AIHL All-Star Weekend, 2017 AIHL season, AIHL All-Star Weekend, Damien Ketlo, Jamie Bourke, Josef Rezek, Joseph Hughes, Matt Beattie, Patrick O'Kane on .
June 3, 2017
Leave a comment
– The Adrenaline have announced the signing of Zachary Boyle for the 2017 season. Boyle spent the 2016 season playing for the CBR Brave where he recorded nine points in 29 games. Boyle previously played for the Adrenaline in the 2014 and 2015 seasons. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Thunder have announced a partnership with MyLeadPod, an automated business reward program.
– The Bears have signed American forward Jackson Brewer for the upcoming 2017 season. Brewer spent the 2016-17 season playing for the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs of the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) where he recorded 41 points in 43 games. During the 2015-16 season Brewer spent time at three other SPHL clubs, the Knowville Ice Bears, Huntsville Havoc and Macon Mayhem, and was loaned out briefly out the Evansville IceMen of the ECHL. For more information see the announcement from the club.
Sydney Ice Dogs
– The Ice Dogs have announced the signing of Canadian goaltender Damien Ketlo for the upcoming season. Ketlo spent the 2016-17 playing in his fifth season for the University of Lethbridge of the U Sports system, recording a 0.881 save percentage in six games. Prior to joining the University of Lethbridge Ketlo had a brief stint with the Colorado Eagles of the ECHL in the 2011-12 season. For more information see the announcement from the club.
Adelaide Adrenaline, CBR Brave, Perth Thunder, Sydney Bears, Sydney Ice Dogs and tagged 2017 AIHL season, Adelaide Adrenaline, CBR Brave, Damien Ketlo, Jackson Brewer, MyLeadPod, Perth Thunder, Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs, Southern Professional Hockey League, Sydney Bears, Sydney Ice Dogs, U Sports, University of Lethbridge, Zachary Boyle on .
April 11, 2017
Leave a comment