– The AIHL have released the participants for the All-Star Skills Competition on 2 June at Adelaide Ice Arena. The Melbourne Mustangs’ Nikita Kolesnikovs has been added to Team Boyle, while Mitchell Humphries appears to have pulled out of the competition. The Melbourne Ice’s Matt Armstrong and Thomas Powell have also not been named in any of the Skills Competitions and it is unclear whether they have withdrawn. See theAIHL.com for the list of participants.
– The Adrenaline have announced the signing of James Keane for the remainder of the 2017 season. Keane last played for the club during the 2014 season and has played in a total of 212 games in the AIHL for both the Adrenaline and the Avalanche. He is expected to be in the lineup for this weekends games against the Melbourne Mustangs. For more information see the article from the club
– The Ice have announced that they have released Mitchell Humphries from his contract. Humphries first joined the Ice in 2012 and has recorded total of 76 points in his 103 games for the club. For more information see the post from the club
– ‘Life. Be In It’ and Kidney Health Australia have joined the club as sponsors. ‘Life. Be In It’ have signed on as the Ice’s naming rights sponsor while Kidney Health Australia will serve as the club’s charity partner and volunteer sponsor.
– The Mustangs announced the signing of Mitchell Humphries following his release from the Ice.
The Australian national team have lost their second game of the 2015 IIHF World Championship Division II Group A tournament, losing 1-5 to Romania. Mitchell Humphries was named best Australian player of the match after scoring the teams only goal. In other games of the day Belgium defeated Spain 6-2 and Serbia beat Iceland 5-4. After the end of round two Australia remains in last place, six points behind leaders Romania. Competition resumes tomorrow after todays rest day with Australia taking on Serbia.
A live stream was available at IHI.is (see the IIHF page for game times)
The Australian Men’s team have lost their third game of the 2014 IIHF World Championship Division II Group A tournament, losing to Iceland 2-3 in overtime. Mitchell Humphries was named best Australian player of the game. After three games Australia is still sitting in last place with two points and are now trailing tournament leaders Estonia by seven points. Game four will see Australia take on Belgium who are currently sitting in third place. In other games of the day Belgium defeated Israel in overtime and Estonia beat Serbia 5-2.
Iceland 3 – 2 Australia (16:30, 12 April 2014, Ice Rink Pionir, Belgrade). Game Card
The IIHF have released the final team roster for the Australian men’s national team for the 2014 IIHF World Championship Division II Group A tournament being held in Belgrade, Serbia. Eight players will be making their debut for the team; James Byers, Fraser Carson, Adam Geric, Mitchell Humphries, Brendan McDowell, Shannon McGregor, Austin McKenzie and Greg Sturrock. Former Adelaide Adrenaline and Under-20 head coach Ryan O’Handley takes over as head coach from Vladimir Rubes who was head coach from 2011 to 2013.