Team Canada have won the opening game of The Wayne Gretzky 2016 Ice Hockey Classic defeating Team USA 8-2. Game One of the exhibition series was held at Melbourne’s Rod Laver Arena with Game Two to take place today at Perth Arena. The two teams are competing in a five games series with Adelaide to host Game Three, Sydney Game Four and Brisbane Game Five.
For more information see the tournament website or see their Facebook page
– Game 1: Team Canada 8 – 2 Team USA (17 June 2016, Rod Laver Arena)
– Game 2: Team Canada – Team USA (18 June 2016, Perth Arena)
– Game 3: Team Canada – Team USA (24 June 2016, Adelaide Entertainment Centre)
– Game 4: Team Canada – Team USA (25 June 2016, Qudos Bank Arena)
– Game 5: Team Canada – Team USA (2 July 2016, Brisbane Entertainment Centre)
TLA Worldwide and Nine Live have announced the return of the Ice Hockey Classic series for 2016. The series will again feature Canada and the United States competing in four games in four cities across Australia. Melbourne, Perth and Sydney remain on the schedule, with Brisbane being dropped in favour of Adelaide. Canada won the 2015 edition of the Ice Hockey Classic, defeating the United States three games to one.
For more information see the official Facebook page and for tickets see Ticketek.
- 17 June 2016: Rod Laver Arena
- 18 June 2016: Allphones Arena
- 24 June 2016: Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- 25 June 2016: Perth Arena
Team Canada have won the opening game of the 2015 Canada vs USA Ice Hockey Classic defeating Team USA 9-6. Game One of the exhibition series was held at Melbourne’s Rod Laver Arena with Game Two to take place tomorrow at the Allphones Arena in Sydney. The two teams are competing in a four game series with Brisbane to host Game Three and Perth Game Four.
On a trivia note Team Canada defeated Team USA 9-6 at last years opening game of the 2014 International Ice Hockey Australian Tour.
For more information on the game see write-up by Paddy Regester at TheAIHL.com.
For more information on the series see the official Facebook page.
- Game 1: Team Canada 9 – 6 Team USA (5 June 2015, Rod Laver Arena).
- Game 2: Team Canada – Team USA (6 June 2015, Allphones Arena).
- Game 3: Team Canada – Team USA (13 June 2015, Brisbane Entertainment Centre).
- Game 4: Team Canada – Team USA (20 June 2015, Perth Arena).
Tickets went on sale today for the upcoming 2015 Ice Hockey Classic. The four game exhibition series features Canada and the United States competing in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth. The series is presented by TLA Worldwide and Nine Live and is similar, but unrelated, in style to the International Ice Hockey Australian Tour presented last year by the Douglas Webber Group.
- 5 June 2015: Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
- 6 June 2015: Allphones Arena, Sydney
- 13 June 2015: Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
- 20 June 2015: Perth Arena, Perth
For more information see the Ticketek website.
Team USA have won the fourth game of the 2014 International Ice Hockey Australia Tour defeating Team Canada 7 – 4 at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne. The teams now head to Sydney for game five today at the Allphones Arena to decide the winner of the 2014 Douglas Webber Cup.
See the official website Internationalicehockey.com.au for more information on the series or visit their Facebook page.