The Perth Inferno have announced the signing of American forward Nora MacLaine for the 2019-20 AWIHL season. MacLaine spent the 2018-19 season playing for the University of Connecticut in the NCAA system where she recorded five points in 36 games. For more information see the announcement from the club.
The Adelaide Adrenaline have announced that goaltender Jesse Gordichuk has left the club in order to return home for surgery. Gordichuk played 17 games for the club, finishing with a save percentage of 0.869 and a goals against average of 6.06. For more information see the announcement from the club.
Round 17 of the 2019 Australian Ice Hockey League season. Results and standings will be updated as the scores become known.
Skaters Network Player of the Week:
For more information see the AIHL website.
Results (all times local)
– Sydney Bears 1-5 Perth Thunder (16:30, 17 August 2019, Perth Ice Arena)
– Sydney Ice Dogs 6-4 Melbourne Ice (17:00, 17 August 2019, O’Brien Icehouse)
– Newcastle Northstars 1-6 CBR Brave (17:30, 17 August 2019, Phillip Ice Skating Centre)
– Sydney Ice Dogs 6-1 Melbourne Mustangs (14:00, 18 August 2019, O’Brien Icehouse)
– Sydney Bears 8-3 Adelaide Adrenaline (16:30, 18 August 2019, Adelaide Ice Arena)
|Sydney Ice Dogs||26||10||1||2||13||34|
Last updated 18 August 2019
Round 19 of the 2019 East Coast Super League season has finished with wins for the Sydney Sting, Nudo Bombers and Newcastle North Stars. The Bombers remain on top of the standings, one point clear of the second placed Sting. Next week all five teams are in action across three games.
During the week the league declared the 6 July game between the Penrith Raptors and Nudo Bombers a draw. The game had originally been cancelled due to a lack of referees. The decision to declare the draw due to a lack of available ice time.
– ECSL website
– Sydney Sting 5-3 Nudo Bombers (17:45, 17 August 2019, Penrith Ice Palace)
– Newcastle North Stars ECSL 9-2 Reach Rebels (19:00, 17 August 2019, Canterbury Olympic Ice Rink)
– Newcastle North Stars ECSL 6-8 Sydney Sting (19:45, 18 August 2019, Penrith Ice Palace)
– Reach Rebels 0-6 Nudo Bombers (21:15, 18 August 2019, Penrith Ice Palace)
|Newcastle North Stars ECSL||17||6||1||10||13|
Last updated 17 August 2019
The Sydney Ice Dogs’ David Dunwoodie has announced that he will play his final AIHL game on 25 August against the Melbourne Mustangs at Macquarie Ice Rink. Dunwoodie has played in over 370 AIHL games from 2004 to 2019 with fourteen seasons at the Ice Dogs, two with the Central Coast Rhinos and one with the CBR Brave. For more information see the announcement from the club.
Ice Hockey Victoria have announced the positions of head coach, state commissioner and team manager for the Melbourne Glaciers ahead of the 2019-20 AJIHL season. Michael Flaherty returns for his second season as head coach. Mario Pansino takes on the role of state commissioner after serving as team manager last season and Sean McConville is re-signed as team manager of the club. For more information see the announcement from Ice Hockey Victoria.