– The Northstars have announced the signing of defenceman Matthew Price for the final round of the 2018 regular season. Price previously played for the Northstars from 2008 to 2011, scoring 35 points in 106 games and amassing 305 penalties in minutes. Price has been playing with the Northstars’ farm club in the East Coast Super League in 2018 where he currently has five points from eight games. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The AIHL Podcast have announced that forward Zane Jones has left the club in order to begin his 2018-19 season with Visby/Roma of the Hockeyettan. Jones finishes his 2018 AIHL season with 30 points from 19 games.
– New staff: Peter Ekroth. Takes on the position of head coach replacing Charles Franzén who was in the position during the 2017 season. More information.
– Staff changes: Charles Franzén. Moves from the head coach position to Director of Coaching and Player Development. More information.
– Staff changes: Garry Doré, Ray Sheffield, Joey Theriault will share the coaching duties after the parting ways with former head coach Andrew Petrie in October 2017. Doré remains as the general manager and previously coached from 2012 to 2014. Sheffield and Theriault have been an assistant coaches for the past two seasons. More information.
– The Adrenaline have announced the re-signing of Steve Best and the signing of Quenton Tombleson and Tyler Leeming for the 2018 season. Best will return for his sixth season with the club, having so far recorded 15 points in 78 games. Tombleson spent the 2017 season playing for the Adelaide Falcons in the South Australian Premier League where he recorded 15 points in 17 games. Leeming also spent his 2017 season playing in the Premier League where he recorded 62 points from 14 games for the Adelaide Red Wings. For more information see the announcement from the club
– Tempur Australia and the Ice have reached an agreement which will see Tempur be the clubs naming rights sponsor for the next three seasons. Captain Lliam Webster has been appointed as the teams brand ambassador. For more information see the announcement from the club
– The Adrenaline have announced that Sami Mantere has stepped down from the position of head coach in order to return as a player for the club. Mantere joined the Adrelaine in 2009 and has recorded 52 points from 47 games. He will also remain on as an assistant coach.
– Jim Fuyarchuk will replace Mantere in the head coach position. Fuyarchuk has previously coached in Canada, Hungary and Australia at levels including university and junior hockey.
– For more information see the announcement from the club
– The Ice have announced the signing of Swedish forward Filip Petersson for the upcoming season. Petersson is currently the captain of Tranås AIF, a team in the Swedish Hockeyettan. During the 2017-18 season he has recorded 34 points in 41 games.
– The Mustangs have signed Finnish goaltender Petri Pitkänen for the 2018 season. Pitkänen last played in the AIHL during 2014 for the CBR Brave where he completed the regular season with a 0.906 save percentage. During his time away from the AIHL Pitkänen has spent three seasons with KeuPa HT of the Mestis, the most recent being the 2016-17 season. For more information see the announcement from the club
– The Northstars have signed three Sydney Bears players for the 2018 season, forwards Tomas Landa and Richard Tesarik and defenceman Patrick Ward. Landa has played six seasons in the AIHL and has recorded 234 points in 134, all for the Sydney Bears. Tesarik will be playing in his seventh AIHL season, having previously played three seasons for both the Ice Dogs and Bears. He currently has 72 points from 111 games. Ward’s 2018 season will be his sixth having previously played two with the Ice Dogs and three for the Bears. He currently has 56 points from 131 games. For more information see the announcement from the club