– The Bears have announced that The Ranch Hotel will act as their official venue sponsor for the 2017 season.
Sydney Ice Dogs
– TGI Fridays have joined the Ice Dogs as a sponsor and their Macquarie Centre restaurant will serve as the club’s post game venue. TGI Fridays have previously sponsored the Sydney Bears and the league during the 2015 season. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Adrenaline have announced the signing of Zachary Boyle for the 2017 season. Boyle spent the 2016 season playing for the CBR Brave where he recorded nine points in 29 games. Boyle previously played for the Adrenaline in the 2014 and 2015 seasons. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Thunder have announced a partnership with MyLeadPod, an automated business reward program.
Sydney Ice Dogs
– The Ice Dogs have announced the signing of forward Billy Cliff for the 2017 season. Cliff spent the 2016 season playing for the Sydney Bears where he recorded 13 points in 24 games. Cliff previously played for the Ice Dogs from 2008 to 2014 and took a year out from hockey in the 2015 season. For more information see the announcement from the club.
The Sydney Bears have announced that it unlikely that the Wilson Cup tournament will be held in 2017 citing a high workload in relation to their move to the Macquarie Ice Rink. The Wilson Cup was founded in 2007 as a pre-season tournament for the New South Wales based AIHL clubs. The tournament has been held on six occasions, from 2007 to 2009 and 2014 to 2016. The Bears won the 2016 edition, defeating the Sydney Ice Dogs 3-1 in the final.
– Reading Cinemas have renewed their sponsorship of the Adrenaline for the 2017 season. The Reading Cinemas logo will be featured on the sleeve of the teams jersey and as part of the deal each season ticket holder will receive a Reading Cinemas ticket.
– The Bears have revealed their new jerseys for the upcoming 2017 season. The redesign features a black home jersey and a white away jersey. See their Facebook page for images
The league have announced that the Sydney Bears and Sydney Ice Dogs will relocate to the newly refurbished Macquarie Ice Rink for the 2017 season. The move will be the Bears third since 2012 having played at the Penrith Ice Palace from 2006 to 2011, the Sydney Ice Arena from 2012 to 2014 and the Penrith Ice Palace again in 2015 and 2016. The Ice Dogs will relocate from the Liverpool Catholic Club Ice Rink. The move of the two clubs follows the recent refurbishments to the Macquarie Ice Rink which has a seating capacity of 2,200.
– The Bears will be without Captain Michael Schlamp and goaltender Anthony Kimlin for this weekends double header against the Adelaide Adrenaline following their two game suspension. Sclamp and Kimlin were handed the suspension following their fighting majors in last weekends game against the CBR Brave. Schlamp will be replaced in the lineup by Adrian Esposito while James Downie will fill in for Kimlin. For more information see the announcement from the club.