– The Bears have announced that The Ranch Hotel will act as their official venue sponsor for the 2017 season.
Sydney Ice Dogs
– TGI Fridays have joined the Ice Dogs as a sponsor and their Macquarie Centre restaurant will serve as the club’s post game venue. TGI Fridays have previously sponsored the Sydney Bears and the league during the 2015 season. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Adrenaline have re-signed English forward Jamie Holland for the upcoming season. Holland joined the Adrenaline last season and recorded two points in eight games. For more information on Holland and the other imports see the article from the club.
Sydney Ice Dogs
– The Ice Dogs have announced the re-signing of Canadian forward Strat Allen for the 2017 season. Allen first joined the club in 2015 and over his two seasons has recorded a total of 55 points in 39 games. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– Greg Oddy has announced that he has stepped down from the position of captain prior to the start of the 2017 season. Oddy held the captaincy of the Adrenaline since their formation in 2008 and also held it for two seasons for the Adelaide Avalanche from 2006 to 2007. His replacement will be named on 21 April at the Adrenaline’s jersey presentation night. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Adrenaline have announced the signing of Canadian goaltender Tyler Steel for the 2017 season. Steel has spent the 2016-17 season playing for the Huntsville Havoc of the Southern Professional Hockey League where he finished the regular season with a 0.914 save percentage from 35 games. Steel will join the club upon the completion of the Havoc’s season which is currently in the second round of the playoffs. For more information see the club announcement.
– The Adrenaline have defeated the Ice Hockey South Australia All Star team 9-1 in their exhibition match at the Adelaide Ice Arena. The match was held as part of the Hockey Day in Adelaide event which also featured a live stream of an NHL match, public skating with the Adrenaline and Adelaide Rush players and a Come ‘N’ Try Hockey session.
– The Adrenaline have announced the signing of Zachary Boyle for the 2017 season. Boyle spent the 2016 season playing for the CBR Brave where he recorded nine points in 29 games. Boyle previously played for the Adrenaline in the 2014 and 2015 seasons. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Thunder have announced a partnership with MyLeadPod, an automated business reward program.