The Perth Thunder have announced that they will play a three game exhibition series against a Chinese Ice Hockey League (CIHL) All Star team. The CIHL is a hockey league based in Hong Kong and organised by China Hockey Group. The games will be held on 15, 17 and 18 February at the Perth Ice Arena.
For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Thunder have announced the re-signing of Peter Di Salvo for the upcoming 2018 season. Di Salvo started in all of the clubs games last season and finished the regular season with the league leading save percentage of 0.924.
– The Thunder have announced the re-signing of Benjamin Breault for the upcoming 2018 season. Breault joined the Thunder in 2016 and has recorded a total of 112 points from 57 games. Last season he was the league leading point scorer, recording 58 points which included 22 goals and 36 assists.
The Thunder also announced their club awards tonight.
– Most Valuable Player: Peter Di Salvo
– Best Defenceman: Daniel Göransson
– Best Local Player: Daniel Göransson
– Most Improved: Lyndon Lodge
– The Thunder have defeated the WA All-Stars 9-1 in their exhibition match tonight at the Cockburn Ice Arena. The match was held during the Thunder’s bye week in the AIHL to help raise funds for junior ice hockey development.
– The Perth Thunder have announced that they will play an exhibition game against a team of WA All-Stars on 22 July 2017 at the Cockburn Ice Arena. The match is being held to raise funds for the development of junior ice hockey.
– Bendigo Bank have signed on with the Perth Thunder as a corporate sponsor for the 2017 season. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– CD Dodd have increased their level of sponsorship with the Thunder for the 2017 season after becoming the clubs naming rights sponsor. CD Dodd first joined the club as a sponsor in their first season in the AIHL.
Sydney Ice Dogs
– The Ice Dogs have announced that they will be radio streaming the remainder of their home games for the 2017 season. Luke Worthington will start the broadcasts at 16:30 with interviews, injury updates and breaking news. The streams can be found at Mixlr.com
– Quest Docklands have joined the Mustangs as a major sponsor. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Thunder have announced the signing Canadian forward Christian Ouellet for the 2017 season. Ouellet spent the 2016-17 season playing for Jonquière Marquis of the Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey where he finished 53 points from 39 regular season games. Prior to joining Jonquière Ouellet spent three seasons in the ECHL and a season in the Ligue Magnus. For more information see the announcement from the club.
The Perth Thunder have announced their roster for the upcoming 2017 season. New additions to the team are Robbie Bird, Peter Di Salvo, Simon Kudla, Jake Ruck, Shaun Tobin and Cameron Walsh. While players dropped from the team are Zane Cunliffe, Michael Dorr, Dale Harrop, Sean Hamilton, Thomas Heemskerk, David Mahood, Anthony Nottle and Daniel Wilkinson. The club’s fourth import is expected to be announced soon.
#1 Dathan Pleiter
#33 Mark McCann
#35 Peter Di Salvo (I)
#2 Jamie Campbell
#3 Robert Haselhurst
#8 David Kudla
#20 Robbie Bird
#25 Alastair Punler
#27 Jamie Woodman (C)
#55 Per Daniel Goransson (A)
#4 Sam Wilson
#9 Jake Ruck
#11 Cameron Walsh
#12 Kieren Webster
#14 Shaun Tobin
#15 Lynden Lodge
#16 Jonathon Bremner
#17 Liam Jeffries
#21 Tomek Sak
#26 Simon Kudla
#23 Jordan Kyros
#24 Andrew Cox (A)
#28 Jessyko Bernard (I)
#36 Benjamin Breault (I)
Head Coach: David Ruck
Assistant Coach: Darin Bryce