– The Adelaide Rush have announced that The Hilton Hotel have re-signed as the clubs official post game venue for the upcoming 2017-18 season.
– The Goannas have signed Smile Time Dental as a new sponsor for the upcoming 2017-18 season. Smile Time is a dental clinic based in Boondall, Queensland.
– The Rush have announced the signing of Corey Smith to the position of assistant coach for the 2017-18 season. Smith plays for the Adelaide Falcons in the South Australian Premier League and previously coached the Falcon in 2014 and 2015.
The Australian Women’s Ice Hockey League have released the schedule for the upcoming 2017-18 season. Competition will kick off on 28 October with the Sydney Sirens hosting the Adelaide Rush in Canterbury and the Melbourne Ice taking on the Brisbane Goannas in Melbourne. The regular season will run from 28 October 2017 to 4 March 2018 followed by the playoffs on 17 and 18 March 2018 at the O’Brien Group Arena. The season format remains unchanged with teams playing each other twice at home and twice away for a total of twelve regular season games. All four teams advance to the playoffs with the semifinals followed by a grand final and a third place match.
During the regular season the Sydney Sirens will compete in two exhibition games against a team from Perth. The games will be held on 17 and 18 February at the Canterbury Olympic Ice Rink.
For the full schedule see the AWIHL website.
– The Rush have announced the signing of American defenceman Hannah Wright for the upcoming 2017-18 season. Wright has spent the last four seasons playing for Castleton University with the clubs first import signing, Ashley Pelky. Wright finished the 2016-17 season with seven points from 26 games.
– The Rush have announced the signing of American Ashley Pelky for the upcoming 2017-18 season. Pelky has spent the last four seasons playing for Castleton University and finished the 2016-17 season with eight points from 26 games.
– The Melbourne Ice have announced the retirement of head coach Jeremy Muir after two years in the position. Muir will be replaced by a panel of coaches lead by former assistant coach Marcus Wong. Brent Laver, Mark Smith and Laurie Piggot form the remaining panel members.
– The Melbourne Ice have announced the signing of Canadian Jessica Pinkerton for the upcoming 2017-18 season. Pinkerton has previously played for the University of Guelph in the Canadian Interuniversity Sport system and the Whitby Wolves of the Provincial Women’s Hockey League.
– The club also announced the re-signing of Canadian forward Christina Julien for the upcoming season. Julien joined the Ice last season where she finished as the league leading scorer with 40 points in 14 games.
– The Rush have announced Josef Rezek as their head coach for the upcoming 2017-18 season. Rezek, who is also the current president of the club, replaces Mitch Kelleher in the position. For more information see the announcement from the club.
The Adelaide Rush held their end of season presentation lunch today at The Hilton Hotel and presented their 2016-17 season player awards.
– Most Valuable Player: Natlie Ayris
– Highest Point Scorer: Natalie Ayris
– Most Improved: Sarah Wise
– Rookie of the Year: Sarah Christensen
– President’s Award: Nikki Brammer
– Arch D Radio Award for Best Player: Tess Reynolds