– The Brave have announced the re-signing of Jordon Brunt, Mitchell Henning, Bayley Kubara, and Alex Tétreault
– Jayden Lewis has re-signed with the Brave, having last played for the club in 2015. Lewis has spent the last two seasons playing junior hockey in Finland. In the 2017-18 season Lewis played for KaKiPo U20 and PaiHa U20 and currently has 10 points from 21 games.
– Dary Flanagan has signed with the Brave having spent last season playing for the Melbourne Ice. The 2018 season will be Flanagan’s third in the AIHL, having previously played for the Mustangs in 2016.
– For more information see the announcement from the club
– The Bears have re-signed Brian Funes and Jeremy Vasquez for the 2018 season. Funes will return for his third season with the Bears and eighth in the AIHL having previously played for the Ice Dogs from 2011 to 2015. Vasquez returns for his third season with the club. For more information see the announcement from the club
The Australian men’s national under-20 team have lost 5-7 to Bulgaria in their fourth game of the 2018 IIHF Ice Hockey U20 World Championship Division III tournament. Defenceman Bayley Kubara was named best Australian player of the match. In other games of the day Israel defeated Iceland 6-2 and China beat New Zealand 11-2. After four rounds Australia have dropped down to fifth place in the standings, trailing the leaders Israel by seven points. The teams have a rest day today before returning on Sunday where Australia take on China. The last time these two teams met was at the 2016 Division II Group B World Championship tournament where Australia won 8-2.