Ice Hockey Australia have released the roster of the Australian men’s under-20 national team for the upcoming 2020 IIHF Ice Hockey U20 World Championship Division III tournament. The competition will take place from 13 to 19 January 2020 in Sofia, Bulgaria with Australia competing against Bulgaria, Chinese Taipei, Iceland, Mexico, New Zealand, South Africa and Turkey.
– Benjamin Breault has been named head coach for the upcoming 2018-19 season. Breault replaces Dave Ruck who earlier stepped down following his appointment as head coach of the Australian U20 national team.
– Alastair Punler returns as an assistant coach and is joined by Liam Jeffries as the clubs second assistant coach.
– Gill McLean is named the team manager for the 2018-19 season.
– The Sharks have also announced the dates for their tryout/training camps. The camps will be held on 6, 13, 20 and 27 November and 4 and 11 December with all sessions being held at the Perth Ice Arena. For more information see the announcement from Ice Hockey WA.
– The Blitz have named Ben Spillane as their assistant coach and Marcelle Tripp as manager and medic for the upcoming 2017-18 season. Spillane and Tripp join Sebastien Gobeil on the team staff after Gobeil was named head coach last week.
– Ice Hockey WA have named their team staff for the upcoming 2017-18 AJIHL season. Dave Ruck has been named as head coach with Alastair Punler as his assistant. Gill McLean has been named team manager.
– The team will hold one tryout session before naming their roster. This will be held on 13 November at the Perth Ice Arena.
– Cockburn Ice Arena will serve as the venue for the first Perth tournament of the season. The tournament will run on 9 and 10 December with the Sharks competing against the Adelaide Generals.