Series 1 of the 2017 Australian Women’s Tier 2 Show Case Series – Western Division has finished with all three teams picking up at least one win. At the end of Series 1 Western Australia sit on top of the Western Division standings, six points ahead of the Adelaide Valkyries. Western Australia also lead the league as a whole, two points clear of the New South Wales Bombers. Competition resumes on 22 July when the Gold Coast hosts Series 2 of the East Division while Series 2 of the Western Division is set for 12 August.
There were also a couple of changes to the teams heading into Series 1 of the Western Division. The Western Australian team dropped the “Hawkettes” from their team name and will be play simply as Western Australia. While the South Australian Valkyries are now known as the Adelaide Valkyries.
– Western Australia 7-2 Melbourne Dragons (15:00, 29 April 2017)
– Western Australia 8-0 Adelaide Valkyries (16:15, 29 April 2017)
– Adelaide Valkyries 3-4 Melbourne Dragons (17:30, 29 April 2017)
– Western Australia 16-0 Melbourne Dragons (18:45, 29 April 2017)
– Adelaide Valkyries 2-1 Melbourne Dragons (12:00, 30 April 2017)
– Western Australia 12-0 Adelaide Valkyries (13:15, 30 April 2017)
(all games held at the Cockburn Ice Arena)
Western Division standings
|New South Wales Bombers||4||3||0||1||6|
Note: Games consist of three 18 minute periods with no stop clock and a two minute break between periods. The competition is open to players over the age of 14 however AWIHL players must have league approval before competing.
Last updated 1 May 2017