Round 3 of the 2017-18 Australian Junior Ice Hockey League season has finished with wins for the Melbourne Glaciers, Brisbane Blitz and Perth Sharks. The Adelaide Generals remain on top of the Southern Division standings, while the Brisbane Blitz move into first place in the Northern Division. Next week the Sydney Wolf Pack host the Blitz in a three game series at the Penrith Ice Palace.
Round 2 of the 2017-18 Australian Junior Ice Hockey League season has finished with all four teams in action picking up at least one win. The Adelaide Generals and Sydney Sabres sit at the top of their Division standings, while the Generals lead the league standings with 15 points. Next week the Perth Sharks host the Melbourne Glaciers in a three game series and the Brisbane Blitz travel to Penrith to take on the Sydney Wolf Pack.
Round 2 also saw the Perth Sharks take on the Perth Pelicans in the first of a four game exhibition series. The Sharks won the game 8-1.
Round 2 results
– Adelaide Generals 3–1 Melbourne Glaciers (14:15, 2 December 2017, O’Brien Group Arena)
– Sydney Wolf Pack 0–4 Sydney Sabres (15:00, 2 December 2017, Penrith Ice Palace)
– Adelaide Generals 5–3 Melbourne Glaciers (19:45, 2 December 2017, O’Brien Group Arena)
– Adelaide Generals 4–7 Melbourne Glaciers (13:15, 3 December 2017, O’Brien Group Arena)
– Sydney Sabres 2–3 SO Sydney Wolf Pack (15:00, 3 December 2017, Penrith Ice Palace)
– Perth Sharks 8–1 Perth Pelicans (18:15, 1 December 2017, Perth Ice Arena)
The rosters for the Perth Sharks and Perth Pelicans have been announced ahead of their game at the Perth Ice Arena tonight. The two teams will compete in a four game exhibition series alongside the AJIHL regular season giving the Sharks additional game time in between breaks.
– The Sharks will play the Perth Pelicans on 1 December at the Perth Ice Arena in the first of a four game exhibition series. The Perth Pelicans were revived by Ice Hockey WA as a non-travelling exhibition team. The Pelicans played in the AJIHL from 2013 to 2016 before being folded due to a change in league structure. For more information on the game see the club’s event listing
The Sydney Wolf Pack have released their roster for the 2017-18 AJIHL season. The Wolf Pack kick of the season in a double header against the Sydney Sabres on 2 and 3 December at the Penrith Ice Palace.
– The Sharks have announced that they will hold a second and final tryout on 20 November at the Perth Ice Arena. For more information see the club’s event listing. The Sharks kick of their season on 9 December when they host the Melbourne Glaciers.
– The two conferences of the league have been named the Northern Division and Southern Division. The Northern Division consists of the Brisbane Blitz, Sydney Sabres and Sydney Wolf Pack. The Southern Division consists of the Adelaide Generals, Melbourne Glaciers and Perth Sharks.
Sydney Sabres & Sydney Wolf Pack
– Ice Hockey NSW will hold tryouts for the Sabres and Wolf Pack teams on 5 November at the Liverpool Catholic Club Ice Rink. Both teams kick of their 2017-18 season on 2 December at the Penrith Ice Palace.