The Melbourne Glaciers have won the 2018 AJIHL playoffs, defeating the Adelaide Generals 3-1 in the final. The Glaciers entered the playoffs in last place in the regular season standings and were drawn against the Perth Sharks in the qualifying round. The Glaciers beat the Sharks 5-4 in a shootout and advanced to the semifinals against the Brisbane Blitz, where they were also forced to a shootout and won 2-1. The Generals advanced to the final after defeating the Sydney Sabres 5-0 in their semifinal and were the defending champion. In the final the Glaciers took a 2-0 lead in the first period and held it until midway through the third with the Generals getting one back. The Glaciers however scored an empty net at the end of the period to claim their first AJIHL Championship.
For more information see the league esportsdesk website.
– Sydney Sabres 4-2 Sydney Wolf Pack (11:00, 17 March 2018, O’Brien Group Arena)
– Melbourne Glaciers 5-4 SO Perth Sharks (13:00, 17 March 2018, O’Brien Group Arena)
– Melbourne Glaciers 2-1 SO Brisbane Blitz (19:45, 17 March 2018, O’Brien Group Arena)
– Sydney Sabres 0-5 Adelaide Generals (21:30, 17 March 2018, O’Brien Group Arena)
– Melbourne Glaciers 3-1 Adelaide Generals (12:45, 18 March 2018, O’Brien Group Arena)
Last updated 18 March 2018