The Sydney Sabres have won the 2019 AJIHL playoffs, defeating the Melbourne Glaciers 2-1 in the final. The win for the Sabres gives them their third AJIHL championship title (dubbed the Nathan Walker Trophy) having previously won in 2014 and 2016. The Sabres entered the playoffs in second last place in the regular season standings and were drawn against the Sydney Wolf Pack in the qualifying round. The Sabres beat the Wolf Pack 4-1 and advanced to the semifinals against the Adelaide Generals where they won 5-3. The Glaciers, who were the defending champions, advanced to the final after defeating the Perth Sharks 3-1 in the qualifying round and the Brisbane Blitz 3-2 in their semifinal.
– Sydney Sabres 4–1 Sydney Wolf Pack (13:15, 9 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena)
– Perth Sharks 1–3 Melbourne Glaciers (15:00, 9 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena)
– Sydney Sabres 5–3 Adelaide Generals (20:00, 9 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena)
– Melbourne Glaciers 3–2 Brisbane Blitz (21:45, 9 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena)
– Sydney Sabres 2–1 Melbourne Glaciers (12:45, 10 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena)
Last updated 10 March 2019