– The Mustangs have announced the re-signing of Patrick O’Kane for the 2018 season. O’Kane first joined the Mustangs in 2013 and has since recorded 212 points in 140 games.
– The Mustangs also announced the signing of former CBR Brave goaltender Aleksi Toivonen. After playing three seasons with the Brave Toivonen was released in favour of an import goaltender. During the 2017-18 season Toivonen has been playing for Paimion Haka in 2. Divisioona.
– The Brave have announced the signing of Canadian goaltender Matt Hewitt for the upcoming 2018 season. Hewitt has spent the last five seasons playing for the University of British Columbia in the U Sports system. Hewitt finished the 2017-18 regular season with a 0.920 save percentage from 20 games. For more information see the announcement from the club
– The Brave have also made two further goaltender changes. The club announced the signing of Jakob Doornbos as their reserve goaltender and dropped last seasons starting goaltender Aleksi Toivonen from the roster. Doornbos has spent the 2017-18 season playing for the Sydney Wolf Pack in the Australian Junior Ice Hockey League where he recorded a save percentage of 0.917 from eight games. Toivonen has been playing for Paimion Haka in 2. Divisioona.
– The Brave have re-signed goaltender Aleksi Toivonen for the 2016 season. Toivonen played in 11 games for the Brave last season and finished the regular season with a save percentage of 0.884. During the AIHL off-season Toivonen has been playing KaKiPo U20 in the Jr. A Suomi-sarja league were he finished with a save percentage of 0.905 from 11 games.
The Brave announced yesterday that Brad Hunt has been replaced as head coach of the CBR Brave by goaltender Josh Unice. The club cited the “need to build a long term plan” as the reason for Hunt’s departure. As Unice’s appointment is only on an interim basis the Brave have also announced that they will form a panel to oversee the appointment of a permanent head coach for the 2016 season.
Starting goaltender duties now pass to Aleksi Toivonen who has started in four games for the club, winning two and losing two.
In addition to the head coach announcment the Brave also announced that defenceman Aaron Clayworth will join David Rogina as an assistant coach for the team.