Ice Hockey Australia have released the roster of the Australian men’s under-20 national team for the upcoming 2020 IIHF Ice Hockey U20 World Championship Division III tournament. The competition will take place from 13 to 19 January 2020 in Sofia, Bulgaria with Australia competing against Bulgaria, Chinese Taipei, Iceland, Mexico, New Zealand, South Africa and Turkey.
The Australian Ice Hockey League have announced the team captains and coaches for the 2019 All-Star Weekend. Team North will be captained and coached by the Sydney Bears Michael Schlamp and Ron Kuprowsky respectively. Team North will be made up of players from the CBR Brave, Newcastle Northstars, Sydney Bears and Sydney Ice Dogs. Team South will have Perth Thunders’ Jamie Woodman as its captain and Dave Ruck as coach. Team South will be made up of players from the Adelaide Adrenaline, Melbourne Ice, Melbourne Mustangs and Perth Thunder. The 2019 All-Star Weekend will be held on 14 and 15 June 2019 at the International Convention Centre in Sydney. For more information see the announcement from the league.
– Dave Ruck has stepped down from the position of head coach following his appointment to the Australian U20 national team. Ice Hockey WA currently has an expression of interest out for the position as well as the positions of assistant coach and team manager.
– The team will hold tryouts and training camps from 6 November to 11 December for the 2018-19 season.
– Ice Hockey WA also released some of the schedule for the 2018-19 season. The rest of the season schedule has yet to be released.
– Sydney Sabres – Adelaide Generals. 7 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– Sydney Wolf Pack – Melbourne Glaciers. 7 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– Brisbane Blitz – Perth Sharks. 7 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– Sydney Wolf Pack – Adelaide Generals. 7 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– Brisbane Blitz – Melbourne Glaciers. 8 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– Sydney Wolf Pack – Perth Sharks. 8 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– Brisbane Blitz – Adelaide Generals. 8 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– Sydney Sabres – Melbourne Glaciers. 8 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– The Blitz have named Ben Spillane as their assistant coach and Marcelle Tripp as manager and medic for the upcoming 2017-18 season. Spillane and Tripp join Sebastien Gobeil on the team staff after Gobeil was named head coach last week.
– Ice Hockey WA have named their team staff for the upcoming 2017-18 AJIHL season. Dave Ruck has been named as head coach with Alastair Punler as his assistant. Gill McLean has been named team manager.
– The team will hold one tryout session before naming their roster. This will be held on 13 November at the Perth Ice Arena.
– Cockburn Ice Arena will serve as the venue for the first Perth tournament of the season. The tournament will run on 9 and 10 December with the Sharks competing against the Adelaide Generals.
Perth Thunder have announced the signing of Dave Ruck as head coach for the upcoming 2017 season. Ruck replaces Dave Kenway who stepped down from the position due to family and work commitments and took on the role of Director of Hockey. Ruck previously played for the Thunder from 2012 to 2015, recording 35 points in his 81 games. For more information see the announcement from the club.