The Australian Ice Hockey League have announced the team captains and coaches for the 2019 All-Star Weekend. Team North will be captained and coached by the Sydney Bears Michael Schlamp and Ron Kuprowsky respectively. Team North will be made up of players from the CBR Brave, Newcastle Northstars, Sydney Bears and Sydney Ice Dogs. Team South will have Perth Thunders’ Jamie Woodman as its captain and Dave Ruck as coach. Team South will be made up of players from the Adelaide Adrenaline, Melbourne Ice, Melbourne Mustangs and Perth Thunder. The 2019 All-Star Weekend will be held on 14 and 15 June 2019 at the International Convention Centre in Sydney. For more information see the announcement from the league.
– Dave Ruck has stepped down from the position of head coach following his appointment to the Australian U20 national team. Ice Hockey WA currently has an expression of interest out for the position as well as the positions of assistant coach and team manager.
– The team will hold tryouts and training camps from 6 November to 11 December for the 2018-19 season.
– Ice Hockey WA also released some of the schedule for the 2018-19 season. The rest of the season schedule has yet to be released.
Partial 2018-19 schedule
– Perth Sharks – Adelaide Generals. 2-3 February 2019, Adelaide Ice Arena (3 games)
– Adelaide Generals – Perth Sharks. 9-10 February 2019, Perth (3 games)
– Melbourne Glaciers – Perth Sharks. 16-17 February 2019, Perth (3 games)
– Perth Sharks – Melbourne Glaciers. 23-24 February 2019, Melbourne (3 games)
– Sydney Sabres – Adelaide Generals. 7 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– Sydney Wolf Pack – Melbourne Glaciers. 7 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– Brisbane Blitz – Perth Sharks. 7 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– Sydney Wolf Pack – Adelaide Generals. 7 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– Brisbane Blitz – Melbourne Glaciers. 8 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– Sydney Wolf Pack – Perth Sharks. 8 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– Brisbane Blitz – Adelaide Generals. 8 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– Sydney Sabres – Melbourne Glaciers. 8 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena (1 game)
– Playoffs. 9-10 March 2019, O’Brien Group Arena
For more information see the announcement from Ice Hockey WA
– The Blitz have named Ben Spillane as their assistant coach and Marcelle Tripp as manager and medic for the upcoming 2017-18 season. Spillane and Tripp join Sebastien Gobeil on the team staff after Gobeil was named head coach last week.
– Ice Hockey WA have named their team staff for the upcoming 2017-18 AJIHL season. Dave Ruck has been named as head coach with Alastair Punler as his assistant. Gill McLean has been named team manager.
– The team will hold one tryout session before naming their roster. This will be held on 13 November at the Perth Ice Arena.
– Cockburn Ice Arena will serve as the venue for the first Perth tournament of the season. The tournament will run on 9 and 10 December with the Sharks competing against the Adelaide Generals.
The AIHL have announced the winners of the 2017 awards. For more information on the awards, including the voting process and nominees, see the article on theAIHL.com.
– Most Valuable Player: Cameron Critchlow (Adelaide Adrenaline)
– Defenceman of the Year: Rob Haselhurst (Perth Thunder)
– Rookie of the Year: Bayley Kubara (CBR Brave)
– Goaltender of the Year: Damien Ketlo (Sydney Ice Dogs)
– Coach of the Year: Dave Ruck (Perth Thunder)
Perth Thunder have announced the signing of Dave Ruck as head coach for the upcoming 2017 season. Ruck replaces Dave Kenway who stepped down from the position due to family and work commitments and took on the role of Director of Hockey. Ruck previously played for the Thunder from 2012 to 2015, recording 35 points in his 81 games. For more information see the announcement from the club.