AIHL All-Star Weekend
– Former Adelaide Adrenaline players Joshua Harding and David Huxley have been added to the rosters for the upcoming 2018 AIHL All-Star Weekend. Both players will join the 28 players previously announced with Harding on Team Rezek and Huxley on Team Boyle. Harding last played for the Adrenaline in 2016 and finished his AIHL career with 186 points from 258 games. Huxley retired from the AIHL during the off-season and finished his career with 96 points from 267 games.
AIHL All-Star Weekend
– The AIHL have announced that Zachary Boyle will captain one of the two teams at the 2018 AIHL-Star Weekend. Boyle replaces David Huxley who had earlier been announced as a captain before deciding not to return to the AIHL for the 2018 season. Josef Rezek will captain the other team at the event.
– The Brave have announced the re-signing of Jordon Brunt, Mitchell Henning, Bayley Kubara, and Alex Tétreault
– Jayden Lewis has re-signed with the Brave, having last played for the club in 2015. Lewis has spent the last two seasons playing junior hockey in Finland. In the 2017-18 season Lewis played for KaKiPo U20 and PaiHa U20 and currently has 10 points from 21 games.
– Dary Flanagan has signed with the Brave having spent last season playing for the Melbourne Ice. The 2018 season will be Flanagan’s third in the AIHL, having previously played for the Mustangs in 2016.
– For more information see the announcement from the club
– The Bears have re-signed Brian Funes and Jeremy Vasquez for the 2018 season. Funes will return for his third season with the Bears and eighth in the AIHL having previously played for the Ice Dogs from 2011 to 2015. Vasquez returns for his third season with the club. For more information see the announcement from the club
The Australian Ice Hockey League have announced the details for the 2018 AIHL All-Star Weekend. The two day event is set to be held on 2 and 3 June 2018 at the Adelaide Ice Arena with the skills competition on the 2nd followed by the all-stars game on the 3rd. APA Group will return for the fourth year in a row as the presenting sponsor. The two teams for 2017 will be captained by the Adelaide Adrenaline’s David Huxley and Josef Rezek, replacing Jamie Bourke of the Melbourne Mustangs and the Melbourne Ice’s Lliam Webster.
– The Bears have announced that The Ranch Hotel will act as their official venue sponsor for the 2017 season.
Sydney Ice Dogs
– TGI Fridays have joined the Ice Dogs as a sponsor and their Macquarie Centre restaurant will serve as the club’s post game venue. TGI Fridays have previously sponsored the Sydney Bears and the league during the 2015 season. For more information see the announcement from the club.
The Australian national team have lost their opening game of 2015 IIHF World Championship Division II Group A tournament, losing 1-6 to Spain. David Huxley was named best Australian player of the game. In other games of the day Romania defeated Serbia 8-4 and Iceland beat Belgium 3-0. After the end of round one Australia is sitting in last place, three points behind Spain, Romania and Iceland. Australia take on Romania today in their second game of the tournament.
A live stream was available at IHI.is (see the IIHF page for game times)