Ice Hockey Australia have released the roster of the Australian men’s national team for the upcoming 2019 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division II Group A tournament. The competition will take place from 9 to 15 April in Belgrade, Serbia with Australia competing against Belgium, China, Croatia, Serbia and Spain.
– IHA announcement
– Tournament page on IIHF.com
– Matt Armstrong (Melbourne Ice)
– Jason Baclig (Melbourne Ice)
– Jack Carpenter (Melbourne Ice)
– Wehebe Darge (CBR Brave)
– Brian Funes (Sydney Bears)
– Per Daniel Goransson (CBR Brave)
– Robert Haselhurst (Newcastle Northstars)
– Anthony Kimlin (Sydney Bears)
– Mathew Lindsay (Newcastle Northstars)
– Robert Malloy (Newcastle Northstars)
– Michael McMahon (Melbourne Mustangs)
– Kai Miettinen (CBR Brave)
– Tommy Powell (Melbourne Ice)
– Josef Rezek (Adelaide Adrenaline)
– Charlie Smart (Newcastle Northstars)
– Beau Taylor
– Cameron Todd (University of Jamestown)
– Vadim Virjassov (Melbourne Mustangs)
– Kieren Webster (Perth Thunder)
– Lliam Webster (Melbourne Ice)
– Chris Wong (Melbourne Ice)
– Jamie Woodman (Perth Thunder)
– Head coach: Brad Vigon
– Assistant coach: Matti Luoma
– General manager: Ian Webster
– Team leader: Steve Ransome
– Equipment manager: Petr Cirkl
– Doctor: Peter Moore
– Chiropractor: Rod Weiland
– Physiotherapist: Ashleigh Trupiano
Ice Hockey Australia have announced the dates and locations for the 2018 National Championships. The end date of the Ginsberg tournament is still to be confirmed.
– Sydney Tange Memorial Tournament: Newcastle, 18 July to 21 July
– Kurt DeFris Memorial Tournament: Canberra, 1 August – 5 August
– Phillip Ginsberg Memorial Tournament: Melbourne, 14 August – TBC*
– Jim Brown Memorial Tournament: Perth, 26 September to 29 September
*Update: The Ginsberg tournament has been changed to 16 August – 19 August
Ice Hockey Australia have announced the dates and locations for the 2017 National Championships.
– McCrae-Williamson Jamboree: 10 June – 12 June
– Ginsberg Trophy: Perth, 9 August – 12 August
– DeFris Trophy: Melbourne, 12 July – 15 July
– Tange Trophy: Adelaide, 29 June – 2 July
– Brown Trophy: Newcastle, 4 October – 7 October
– OiHAN: Canberra 10 – 12 March, Melbourne 9 – 11 June, Adelaide 3 – 5 November
The 2016 John McCrae Williamson Jamboree got underway yesterday at the Adelaide Ice Arena. The event is aimed at players aged 7 to 11 years old and runs from 10 June to 13 June 2016. Its focus is to develop the skills of the players and will also include small area games. The Adelaide Adrenaline’s goaltender Peter King will be attending the Jamboree on 12 June to hold two coaching sessions from 09:00 to 11:45.
For details see the event listing by Ice Hockey Australia.
Ice Hockey Australia have announced the that they will hold an Australian Men’s National Team selection game at the Medibank Icehouse on 20 September 2014. The game is being held as part of the preperations for the 2015 IIHF World Championships that will see Australia travel to Iceland in April next year to compete in th Division II Group A tournament against Belgium, Iceland, Romania, Serbia and Spain.