– The Brave have announced the re-signing of Jordon Brunt, Mitchell Henning, Bayley Kubara, and Alex Tétreault
– Jayden Lewis has re-signed with the Brave, having last played for the club in 2015. Lewis has spent the last two seasons playing junior hockey in Finland. In the 2017-18 season Lewis played for KaKiPo U20 and PaiHa U20 and currently has 10 points from 21 games.
– Dary Flanagan has signed with the Brave having spent last season playing for the Melbourne Ice. The 2018 season will be Flanagan’s third in the AIHL, having previously played for the Mustangs in 2016.
– For more information see the announcement from the club
– The Bears have re-signed Brian Funes and Jeremy Vasquez for the 2018 season. Funes will return for his third season with the Bears and eighth in the AIHL having previously played for the Ice Dogs from 2011 to 2015. Vasquez returns for his third season with the club. For more information see the announcement from the club
The Australian men’s under-18 team have lost their final game of the 2015 IIHF U18 World Championship Division II Group B tournament, losing 1-6 to Serbia. Mitchell Henning was named best Australian player of the game and Lynden Lodge was awarded best Australian player of the tournament. In other games of the day Romania defeated Spain 4-3 in overtime and Belgium beat China 7-2. Australia finish the tournament in last place and are relegated to Division III Group A for 2016, while Romania finished in first place and are promoted to Division II Group A.
A live stream was available at Sportuzivo.tv (see the IIHF page for game times)
The Australian men’s under-18 team have lost their opening game of the 2015 IIHF U18 World Championship Division II Group B tournament, losing 2-3 in overtime to Belgium. Mitchell Henning was named best Australian player of the game. In other games of the day Spain defeated China 3-1 and Romania beat Serbia 4-3. After the end of round one Australia is sitting in fourth place, two points behinds leaders Spain and Romania. Australia take on China today in their second game of the tournament.
A live stream is available at Sportuzivo.tv (see the IIHF page for game times)