Team Canada have defeated Team USA 8-5 at the Qudos Bank Arena. Canada now have two wins in the 2017 Ice Hockey Classic series after previously defeating the USA 7-5 in Newcastle. The series now moves to Melbourne for a showcase exhibition event on 22 June at the O’Brien Group Arena and then the main game on 24 June at Hisense Arena.
TLA Worldwide and TEG Live have announced the return of the Ice Hockey Classic series for 2017. The series however has been reduced to only two games with Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth being dropped from the schedule. The Melbourne game has been moved to the smaller Hisense Arena after being held at Rod Laver Arena for the past two years, while the Sydney game remains at Qudos Bank Arena (previously known as Allphones Arena). Team Canada has won the previous two additions, defeating the United States 3-1 in 2015 and 3-2 in 2016.
– 17 June 2017: Qudos Bank Arena, Syndey
– 24 June 2017: Hisense Arena, Melbourne
Team Canada have won Game Four of The Wayne Gretzky 2016 Ice Hockey Classic defeating Team USA 4-3 following a shootout. Team Canada win the series, with one game to play, and claim the Ice Hockey Classic Cup for the second year in a row. The Ice Hockey Classic resumes next week in Brisbane for the final match at the series.
– Game 1: Team Canada 8 – 2 Team USA (17 June 2016, Rod Laver Arena)
– Game 2: Team Canada 6 – 5 SO Team USA (18 June 2016, Perth Arena)
– Game 3: Team Canada 2 – 4 Team USA (24 June 2016, Adelaide Entertainment Centre)
– Game 4: Team Canada 4 – 3 SO Team USA (25 June 2016, Qudos Bank Arena)
– Game 5: Team Canada – Team USA (2 July 2016, Brisbane Entertainment Centre)