The semifinals of the 2018 East Coast Super League playoffs has finished with the Sydney Sting and Newcastle North Stars advancing to the grand final series which kick off next weekend. The semifinals are a two game series with the winner being determined on a cumulative aggregate format. If tied at the end of Game 2 continuous overtime is held until a winner is determined. In Semifinal A the Sydney Sting won both of their games to defeat the Nudo Bombers 11-4 on aggregate. In Semifinal B the Newcastle North Stars and Penrith Raptors split the series at one apiece, with the North Stars advancing 7-6 on aggregate.
For more information see the ECSL website.
– Nudo Bombers 3-6 Sydney Sting (19:00, 15 September 2018, Canterbury Olympic Ice Rink)
– Sydney Sting 5-1 Nudo Bombers (16:45, 16 September 2018, Penrith Ice Palace)
– Sydney Sting win 11-4 on aggregate
– Penrith Raptors 1-5 Newcastle North Stars ECSL (17:00, 15 September 2018, Hunter Ice Skating Stadium)
– Newcastle North Stars ECSL 2–5 Penrith Raptors (15:00, 16 September 2018, Penrith Ice Palace)
– Newcastle North Stars ECSL win 7-6 on aggregate