The 2018 AIHL All-Star Weekend has finished with Team Rezek defeating Team Boyle 13-8 in the All-Star Game at the Adelaide Ice Arena. The Adrenaline’s Josef Rezek claimed the Mick McCormack Cup after being named the most valuable player.
The 2018 AIHL-All Star Weekend got underway yesterday with the Skills Competition being held at the Adelaide Ice Arena. The Adelaide Adrenaline and Sydney Bears both claimed two of the seven competitions each with the Newcastle Northstars, Perth Thunder and Sydney Ice Dogs all picking up one.
– The AIHL have released the participants for the All-Star Skills Competition on 2 June at Adelaide Ice Arena. The Melbourne Mustangs’ Nikita Kolesnikovs has been added to Team Boyle, while Mitchell Humphries appears to have pulled out of the competition. The Melbourne Ice’s Matt Armstrong and Thomas Powell have also not been named in any of the Skills Competitions and it is unclear whether they have withdrawn. See theAIHL.com for the list of participants.
– The coaches have been named for the upcoming All-Star Weekend. Adelaide Adrenaline head coach Jim Fuyarchuk will coach Team Boyle and Adrenaline assistant coach Sami Mantere will be the coach of Team Rezek.
– Jaden Pine-Murphy has returned the Ice’s lineup for their two games against the CBR Brave despite earlier reports of him leaving the club. Pine-Murphy backup up Michael James in the 26 May game and got the start in the 27 May game.
AIHL All-Star Weekend
– Former Adelaide Adrenaline players Joshua Harding and David Huxley have been added to the rosters for the upcoming 2018 AIHL All-Star Weekend. Both players will join the 28 players previously announced with Harding on Team Rezek and Huxley on Team Boyle. Harding last played for the Adrenaline in 2016 and finished his AIHL career with 186 points from 258 games. Huxley retired from the AIHL during the off-season and finished his career with 96 points from 267 games.
The AIHL have announced the preliminary rosters for the upcoming 2018 AIHL All-Star Weekend. Included on Team Boyle is Greg Oddy who recently announced his retirement from the AIHL. The league is expected to announce further players in the lead up to the event. The All-Star Weekend will take place on 2 and 3 June at the Adelaide Ice Arena with a junior camp and skills competition on 2 June and the All-Star game on 3 June.
The league earlier announced that the Adelaide Rush of the Australian Women’s Ice Hockey League will also feature on the weekend where they will demonstrate each contest in the skills competition.
AIHL All-Star Weekend
– The AIHL have announced that Zachary Boyle will captain one of the two teams at the 2018 AIHL-Star Weekend. Boyle replaces David Huxley who had earlier been announced as a captain before deciding not to return to the AIHL for the 2018 season. Josef Rezek will captain the other team at the event.
The Australian Ice Hockey League have announced the details for the 2018 AIHL All-Star Weekend. The two day event is set to be held on 2 and 3 June 2018 at the Adelaide Ice Arena with the skills competition on the 2nd followed by the all-stars game on the 3rd. APA Group will return for the fourth year in a row as the presenting sponsor. The two teams for 2017 will be captained by the Adelaide Adrenaline’s David Huxley and Josef Rezek, replacing Jamie Bourke of the Melbourne Mustangs and the Melbourne Ice’s Lliam Webster.