– Goaltender Dayne Davis will not return to the club for the 2018 season due to business and family commitments. Davis joined the Ice for the 2017 season after two seasons with the North Stars. He finished the regular season with a save percentage of 0.907 from 22 games and the playoffs with a save percentage of 0.940 from two games.
The AIHL have announced the winners of the 2016 Awards which were voted on by team representatives and officials. For more information see the article on TheAIHL.com
– Kendall Trophy (Most Valuable Player): Wehebe Darge (Adelaide Adrenaline)
– Goaltender of the Year: Anthony Kimlin (Sydney Bears)
– Defenceman of the Year: Jan Safar (CBR Brave)
– Rookie of the Year: Casey Kubara (CBR Brave)
– Local Player of the Year: Casey Kubara (CBR Brave)
– Coach of the Year: Brent Laver (Melbourne Ice)
– Kennedy Trophy (Playoffs Most Valuable Player): Dayne Davis (Newcastle North Stars)
The four new imports join American John Kennedy who will start his third season with the North Stars and is expecting to gain an Australian permanent residency in the coming months. Davis, like Kennedy is also working towards his permanent residency.