The CBR Brave have announced that Josh Unice has resigned from the position of head coach position effective immediately. The decision comes after discussions between Unice, the playing group and the club on Unice’s number of personal issues outside of hockey. The clubs assistant coaches will take on the head coach responsibilities for the remainder of the season. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Brave have announced the re-signing of head coach Josh Unice for the upcoming 2016 season. Unice was appointed to the position on an interim basis following the departure of Brad Hunt in July 2015. The club also announced the re-signing of their assistant coaches David Rogina and Stuart Philps for 2016.
– The Bears have announced the signing of Billy Cliff for the upcoming 2016 season. Cliff returns to the AIHL after taking a year off. He previously played for the Sydney Ice Dogs from 2008 to 2013 and was a member of the Australian national team in 2013 and 2014. For more information see the announcement by the club
Sydney Ice Dogs
– The Ice Dogs have announced the signing of Vladimir Rubes to the head coach position for the 2016 season. Rubes previously coached the Sydney Bears from 2001 to 2015 and stepped down in October 2015 citing family commitments. He has also coached the Australian under-18 team from 2001 to 2006 and the Australian national team from 2011 to 2013. Rubes replaces interim head coach Tim Flynn who left the position back in October. For more information see the announcement by the club.
- The Brave announced yesterday that Brad Hunt has been replaced as head coach of the CBR Brave by goaltender Josh Unice. The club cited the “need to build a long term plan” as the reason for Hunt’s departure. As Unice’s appointment is only on an interim basis the Brave have also announced that they will form a panel to oversee the appointment of a permanent head coach for the 2016 season.
- Starting goaltender duties now pass to Aleksi Toivonen who has started in four games for the club, winning two and losing two.
- In addition to the head coach announcment the Brave also announced that defenceman Aaron Clayworth will join David Rogina as an assistant coach for the team.
- For more information see the club statement.
The CBR Brave have announce their third signing for the 2015 season with goaltender Josh Unice joining the team. Unice is currently playing for the Sheffield Steelers in the Elite Ice Hockey League and has previously played in the ECHL and the Slovak Extraliga. He has also represented the United States at the 2007 IIHF World U18 Championship and 2009 IIHF World U20 Championship, and was drafted 86th overall by the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.