The semifinals of the 2017 East Coast Super League playoffs have finished with the Sydney Sting and Reach Rebels advancing to the grand final series which kick off next weekend. The semifinals are a two game series with the winner being determined on a cumulative aggregate format. In Semifinal A the Sydney Sting won both of their games to defeat the Newcastle North Stars 16-3 on aggregate. In Semifinal B the Reach Rebels and Penrith Raptors split the series at one apiece, with the Rebels advancing 4-3 on aggregate.
For more information see the ECSL website.
– Sydney Sting 9-0 Newcastle North Stars ECSL (17:45, 16 September 2017, Hunter Ice Skating Stadium)
– Newcastle North Stars ECSL 3–7 Sydney Sting (17:00, 17 September 2017, Penrith Ice Palace)
– Sydney Sting win 16-3 on aggregate
– Reach Rebels 2-3 Penrith Raptors (17:00, 16 September 2017, Macquarie Ice Rink)
– Penrith Raptors 0-2 Reach Rebels (18:45, 17 September 2017, Penrith Ice Palace)
– Reach Rebels win 4-3 on aggregate