The Perth Thunder held their 2014 team awards night on Thursday. Mathieu Dugas won the Most Valuable Player award, Jamie Woodman was named the Best Defenceman and Rookie of the Year and Andrew Cox won the award for best Aussie Player of the Year.
Some headlines from the week:
- Dan Hamer talks to the Melbourne Ice’s Jeremy Brown
- The CBR Brave’s Mathieu Ouelette, Melbourne Mustangs’ Jack Wolgemuth and Sydney Ice Dogs’ Simon Barg have been named as the nominees for the 2014 MVP Award.
- The Brave’s Petri Pitkanen, Perth Thunder’s Mathieu Dugas and the Sydney Bears’ Daniel Palmkvist have been named as the nominees for the 2014 AIHL Golie of the Year Award
- The Adelaide Adrenaline’s Niko Suoraniemi, the Mustangs’ Jack Wolgemuth and Newcastle North Stars John Kennedy have been named as the nominees for the 2014 AIHL Defenceman of the Year Award.
- The Melbourne Ice’s Jeremy Brown, the Thunder’s Jamie Woodman and the North Stars’ Hayden Sheard have been named as the nominees for the 2014 AIHL Rookie of the Year Award.
- The Sydney Bears’ held their 2014 Team Awards night yesterday. Ben DiMarco won the most valuable player award, Sean Hamilton Steen was named the Best Forward, Spencer Austin the Best Defenceman, Jarrod Smith the Rookie of the Year and Daniel Palmkvist won the Chad Martin Award for Impact Player of the Year
The Perth Thunder have announced Canadian goaltender Mathieu Dugas as their final import for the 2014 season. Dugas has spent his last season playing for the Mississippi Surge in the Southern Professional Hockey League and will join the Thunder in time for their first game of the season on the 26th against the Melbourne Ice.