Round 12 of the 2019 Australian Ice Hockey League season has finished with wins for the Newcastle Northstars, Melbourne Mustangs, Sydney Ice Dogs, CBR Brave, Perth Thunder and Sydney Bears. The Brave remain on top of the standings, ten points clear of the second placed Northstars. Next week seven teams are in action across seven games while the Adelaide Adrenaline sit the round out on a bye.
The match between the Adelaide Adrenaline and Sydney Ice Dogs also served as the 2019 Matt Clark Memorial Shield Game, a game which was originally from 1995 to 2001 by the Warringah Bombers. The match is dedicated to former Bombers player Matt Clark who passed away due to Leukaemia in 1995. The Ice Dogs won the shield after defeating the Adrenaline 10-1. The win is the Ice Dogs first since 2017 having lost last year against the CBR Brave.
For more information see the AIHL website.
Results (all times local)
– Newcastle Northstars 3-1 Sydney Bears (19:30, 12 July 2019, Macquarie Ice Rink)
– Perth Thunder 3-6 Melbourne Mustangs (17:00, 13 July 2019, O’Brien Icehouse)
– Adelaide Adrenaline 1-10 Sydney Ice Dogs (17:00, 13 July 2019, Macquarie Ice Rink)
– Melbourne Ice 4-8 CBR Brave (17:30, 13 July 2019, Phillip Ice Skating Centre)
– Perth Thunder 4-3 Melbourne Mustangs (14:00, 14 July 2019, O’Brien Icehouse)
– Melbourne Ice 1-5 CBR Brave (16:30, 14 July 2019, Phillip Ice Skating Centre)
– Adelaide Adrenaline 4-6 Sydney Bears (17:00, 14 July 2019, Macquarie Ice Rink)
|Sydney Ice Dogs||17||6||1||1||9||21|
Last updated 18 July 2019