Round 15 of the 2016 Australian Ice Hockey League season has finished with wins for the Sydney Ice Dogs, Perth Thunder, Melbourne Ice, CBR Brave and Newcastle North Stars. The Ice remain on top of the standings, nine points clear of the second placed Thunder. Following Sunday’s games the Brave, North Stars and Thunder all qualified for the Goodall Cup playoffs and join the Ice who qualified back in Round 12. Next week seven teams are in action across seven games while the North Stars sit the round out on a bye.
The Round also saw the Sydney Ice Dogs wearing the old Warringah Bombers jersey in their 6 August game against the Adelaide Adrenaline. The special edition jersey was part of the teams Leukaemia Fundraising Night and was dedicated to former Bombers player Matt Clark who passed away due to Leukaemia in 1995. The two teams also competed for the Matt Clark Shield, an award that was originally contested from 1995 to 2001 at the Bombers’ Matt Clark Memorial Games. For more information see the club announcement
For more information on the AIHL see their website.
Round 15 results:
– Adelaide Adrenaline 8 – 9 Sydney Ice Dogs (17:00, 6 August 2016, Liverpool Catholic Club Ice Rink)
– Perth Thunder 4 – 3 SO Newcastle North Stars (17:00, 6 August 2016, Hunter Ice Skating Stadium)
– Melbourne Ice 10 – 9 CBR Brave (17:30, 6 August 2016, Phillip Ice Skating Centre)
– Melbourne Mustangs 2 – 4 Sydney Ice Dogs (17:00, 7 August 2016, Liverpool Catholic Club Ice Rink)
– Perth Thunder 4 – 3 Sydney Bears (17:00, 7 August 2016, Penrith Ice Palace)
– Melbourne Ice 3 – 4 CBR Brave (17:00, 7 August 2016, Phillip Ice Skating Centre)
– Adelaide Adrenaline 1 – 4 Newcastle North Stars (17:00, 7 August 2016, Hunter Ice Skating Stadium)
Standings at the end of Round 15:
|Newcastle North Stars||26||14||1||4||7||48|
|Sydney Ice Dogs||25||6||1||1||17||21|