The 2015 Wilson Cup is scheduled to begin on 15 March with the Sydney Bears taking on the Sydney Ice Dogs at the Penrith Ice Arena. The Wilson Cup, founded in 2007, involves the New South Wales teams of the Australian Ice Hockey League and was won last year by the Sydney Ice Dogs. The 2015 edition will be a double round-robin schedule, followed by a final between the two highest ranked teams. This change in format increases the number of games from four in 2014’s single round-robin tournament to seven.
Ticket prices for the tournament have been set at $10 for adults, $5 for children and $25 for the family, with prices to be the same at each venue.
For the history on the tournament see the Wikipedia article.
The schedule is as follows:
- Game 1: Sydney Bears – Sydney Ice Dogs (17:00, 15 March 2015, Penrith Ice Arena)
- Game 2: Sydney Ice Dogs – Sydney Bears (17:00, 28 March 2015, Liverpool Catholic Club Ice Rink)
- Game 3: Newcastle North Stars – Sydney Ice Dogs (17:00, 29 March 2015, Hunter Ice Skating Stadium)
- Game 4: Sydney Bears – Newcastle North Stars (17:00, 5 April 2015, Penrith Ice Palace)
- Game 5: Newcastle North Stars – Sydney Bears (17:00, 11 April 2015, Hunter Ice Skating Stadium)
- Game 6: Sydney Ice Dogs – Newcastle North Stars (17:00, 12 April 2015, Hunter Ice Skating Stadium)
- Final: Team 1 v Team 2 (18 April 2015, TBA)