The semifinals of the 2016 East Coast Super League playoffs have finished with the Reach Rebels and Sydney Sting advancing to the grand final series which kick off next weekend. The semifinals are a two game series with the winner being determined on a cumulative aggregate format. In Semifinal A the Rebels and Bombers split the series at one game apiece, with the Rebels advancing 4-3 on aggregate. In Semifinal B the Sting came back from a four goal deficit after Game 1 to defeat the North Stars 10-6 on aggregate.
For more information see the ECSL website.
– Blueline Bombers 0 – 2 Reach Rebels (18:30, 17 September 2016, Canterbury Olympic Ice Rink)
– Reach Rebels 2 – 3 OT Blueline Bombers (18:45, 18 September 2016, Penrith Ice Palace)
– Reach Rebels win 4-3 on aggregate
– Sydney Sting 0 – 4 Newcastle North Stars ECSL (17:15, 17 September 2016, Sydney Ice Arena)
– Newcastle North Stars ECSL 2 – 10 Sydney Sting (17:00, 18 September 2016, Penrith Ice Palace)
– Sydney Sting win 10 – 6 on aggregate