Melbourne Ice/Melbourne Mustangs
– The Ice have announced that goaltender Jaden Pine-Murphy has left the club to join the Melbourne Mustangs in order to push for their starting goaltender position. Pine-Murphy played 72 games for the Ice from 2013 to 2018, averaging a save percentage of 0.890. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Mustangs have announced the death of former player Kevin Glanzman at the age of 29. Glanzman played as an import for the club during the 2013 season, recording 22 points in 23 games. For more information see the announcement from the club
– A few days late reporting this but the Ice announced two of their player awards on 8 September. Declan Bronte won the 2018 best new talent award and Tommy Powell was named player of the year for the 2018 season.
– The Mustangs held their annual Players v Sponsors match today at the O’Brien Group Arena with the Sponsors winning 14-11.
– Starting goaltender Petri Pitkänen has left the club and is returning to Finland due to visa requirements. The Mustangs have announced they are looking into options to get him back to the club and are expected to provide an update shortly. Backup Aleksi Toivonen is likely to fill the starting position in the mean time.
– The Mustangs have released a picture of their Pride Game jerseys which will be worn during their 7 July match against the CBR Brave. For the picture of the jerseys and details on auction see the post on the club’s Facebook page.
– The Mustangs have released a picture of their Canada Day jersey which will be worn during their game against the Sydney Bears on 1 July. For a picture of the jersey see the post on the club’s Facebook page.