Nathan Walker has signed a two year two-way contract with the St. Louis Blues ahead of the 2019-20 season. In the 2018-19 season Walker played 67 games for the Hershey Bears in the American Hockey League, picking up 44 points, and three games for the Washington Capitals in the National Hockey League, picking up one point.
The CBR Brave have announced the signing of Conor Riley for the remainder of the 2019 season. Riley spent the majority of the 2018-19 playing in the ECHL for the Adironack Thunder and also played two brief stints in the American Hockey League on loan for the Binghamton Devils and Providence Bruins. In his ECHL season for the Thunder Riley recorded 35 points from 58 games. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– New signing: Harley Anderson. Position: Forward. 2017-18 season: Brisbane Blitz (AJIHL) – 14 games, 22 points. More information
– Re-signing: Glen Forbes-White. Position: Goaltender. Second season with the club, 1 AIHL game, 0.813 save percentage. More information.
– New signing: Ainars Podzins. Position: Forward. 2017-18 season: Edinburgh Capitals (EIHL) – 32 games, 20 points; Metallurg Novokuznetsk (VHL) – 13 games, 1 point. More information
– New signing: Channing Bresciani. Position: Defence. 2017-18 season: University of Manitoba (U Sports) – 24 games, 8 points. More information
– New signing: Chris Leveille. Position: Forward. 2017-18 season: Laval Rocket (AHL) – 6 games, 1 point; Brampton Beast (ECHL) – 64 games, 51 points. More information.
– New sponsor: The Signal Co. Wireless. New major sponsor, previously a player and post-game sponsor.
– Re-signing: Tyerell Clare. Position: Defence. Fourth season with the club, 71 AIHL games, 11 points.
– Re-signing: Adrian Esposito. Position: Forward. Fourteenth season with the club, 248 AIHL, 66 points.
Not much happening this week but here are some highlights:
- Will Brodie from The Age talks to Perth Thunder General Manage Stan Scott ahead of their season opener.
- Nathan Walker completed his first season in the American Hockey League for the Hershey Bears, scoring five goals and six assists in 43 games.
- Mustangs Joseph Hughes receives a four game suspension for kicking the Ice’s Christopher Wong when he was down on the ice. See the HockeyWise article for more information.
- David Penrose looks at the Adelaide Adrenaline ahead of their 2014 season opener.
- Simon Kirckman looks at the Ice Dogs upcoming game against the CBR Brave.
Have any other news of note? Please post in the comments below.