Ice Hockey Australia have released the Australian men’s team roster for the upcoming exhibition series against the Victorian All-Stars. The two game series will be held on 15 and 16 February 2020 at the O’Brien Icehouse as part of the Icehouse’s 10th anniversary celebrations.
Ice Hockey Australia have released the Australian men’s team roster for the upcoming 2020 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division II Group A tournament. The competition will take place from 19 to 25 April in Zagreb, Croatia with Australia competing against China, Croatia, Israel, the Netherlands and Spain.
The 2018 AIHL All-Star Weekend has finished with Team Rezek defeating Team Boyle 13-8 in the All-Star Game at the Adelaide Ice Arena. The Adrenaline’s Josef Rezek claimed the Mick McCormack Cup after being named the most valuable player.
The 2018 AIHL-All Star Weekend got underway yesterday with the Skills Competition being held at the Adelaide Ice Arena. The Adelaide Adrenaline and Sydney Bears both claimed two of the seven competitions each with the Newcastle Northstars, Perth Thunder and Sydney Ice Dogs all picking up one.
– Josef Rezek has re-signed with the Adrenaline for the 2018 season. Rezek will play in his eighth season with the club where he has scored 165 points in 136 games. For more information see the announcement from the club
– The Mustangs have signed a deal with restaurant Billy’s District to be their post-game venue for the 2018 season. Billy’s District replaces The James Hotel who had been the clubs post-game venue since May 2016. For more information see the announcement from the club
– The Bears have announced the signing of American forward Charlie Adams for the 2018 season. Adams has spent the majority of his 2017-18 season playing for the Pensacola Ice Flyers in the Southern Professional Hockey League where he currently has 45 points from 41 games. Prior to joining the Ice Flyers Adams also had a brief four game stint with EV Lindau in the Oberliga. For more information see the announcement from the club
– The Bears have also announced the re-signing of captain Michael Schlamp and goaltender Anthony Kimlin. Schlamp has recorded 287 points in his 243 games with all but one season being for the Bears. Kimlin returns for his third straight season with the Bears and fifth in the AIHL, having previously played for the Gold Coast Blue Tongues and Sydney Ice Dogs.
The Australian Ice Hockey League have announced the details for the 2018 AIHL All-Star Weekend. The two day event is set to be held on 2 and 3 June 2018 at the Adelaide Ice Arena with the skills competition on the 2nd followed by the all-stars game on the 3rd. APA Group will return for the fourth year in a row as the presenting sponsor. The two teams for 2017 will be captained by the Adelaide Adrenaline’s David Huxley and Josef Rezek, replacing Jamie Bourke of the Melbourne Mustangs and the Melbourne Ice’s Lliam Webster.
– The Rush have announced Josef Rezek as their head coach for the upcoming 2017-18 season. Rezek, who is also the current president of the club, replaces Mitch Kelleher in the position. For more information see the announcement from the club.
The 2017 AIHL All-Star Weekend got underway today with the Skills Competition being held at the O’Brien Group Arena. The Melbourne Mustangs claimed three of the seven competitions with Jamie Bourke, Patrick O’Kane and Matt Beattie all claiming one each. The Melbourne Ice claimed two with Joseph Hughes picking up both, the Adelaide Adrenaline won one competition through Josef Rezek and the Sydney Ice Dogs picked up one with Damien Ketlo. The All-Star Weekend continues tomorrow with the All-Star Game.