Round 15 of the 2018 Australian Ice Hockey League season has finished with wins for the Sydney Bears, Melbourne Mustangs, CBR Brave and Melbourne Ice. Following their win against the Northstars the CBR Brave claim their first H Newman Reid Trophy as the winners of the 2018 regular season with five games to play. Next week seven teams are in action across six games while the Perth Thunder sit the round out on a bye.
The match between the CBR Brave and Sydney Ice Dogs served as the 2018 Matt Clark Memorial Shield Game, a game which was originally from 1995 to 2001 by the Warringah Bombers. The match is dedicated to former Bombers player Matt Clark who passed away due to Leukaemia in 1995. The Brave won the shield after defeating the Ice Dogs 6-3. The Ice Dogs had won the previous two editions.
For more information see the AIHL website.
Results (all times local)
– Sydney Bears 3-2 SO Perth Thunder (16:30, 4 August 2018, Perth Ice Arena)
– Adelaide Adrenaline 4-5 SO Melbourne Mustangs (17:00, 4 August 2018, O’Brien Group Arena)
– CBR Brave 6-3 Sydney Ice Dogs (17:00, 4 August 2018, Macquarie Ice Rink)
– CBR Brave 6-4 Newcastle Northstars (16:00, 5 August 2018, Hunter Ice Skating Stadium)
– Adelaide Adrenaline 2-9 Melbourne Ice (16:00, 5 August 2018, O’Brien Group Arena)
– Sydney Bears 6-4 Perth Thunder (16:30, 5 August 2018, Perth Ice Arena)
|Sydney Ice Dogs||22||9||3||2||8||35|
Last updated 4 August 2018