Round 7 of the 2017 Australian Ice Hockey League season has finished with wins for the Melbourne Ice, Newcastle Northstars, Sydney Ice Dogs, CBR Brave, Adelaide Adrenaline and Melbourne Mustangs. The Brave remain on top of the standings, one point clear of the second placed Ice. Next week all eight teams are in action across seven games.
The match between the Adelaide Adrenaline and CBR Brave on 10 June also served as the third annual beyondblue Cup. The Brave won the Cup for the third year in a row defeating the Adrenaline 8-3. The regular season match between the two teams has been branded to help raise awareness for the beyondblue charity. Last years edition, which was held in Canberra, was won by the Brave who defeated the Adrenaline 5-4 following a shootout.
For more information see the AIHL website.
Round 7 results:
– Melbourne Ice 5-1 Perth Thunder (16:30, 10 June 2017, Perth Ice Arena)
– Melbourne Mustangs 3-6 Newcastle Northstars (17:00, 10 June 2017, Hunter Ice Skating Stadium)
– Sydney Bears 0-3 Sydney Ice Dogs (17:00, 10 June 2017, Macquarie Ice Rink)
– Adelaide Adrenaline 3-8 CBR Brave (17:30, 10 June 2017, Phillip Ice Skating Centre)
– Melbourne Ice 3-2 SO Perth Thunder (16:30, 11 June 2017, Perth Ice Arena)
– Adelaide Adrenaline 8-5 CBR Brave (17:00, 11 June 2017, Phillip Ice Skating Centre)
– Melbourne Mustangs 6-4 Sydney Bears (17:00, 11 June 2017, Macquarie Ice Rink)
Standings at the end of Round 7:
|Sydney Ice Dogs||10||5||0||0||5||15|