– New signing: Harley Anderson. Position: Forward. 2017-18 season: Brisbane Blitz (AJIHL) – 14 games, 22 points. More information
– Re-signing: Glen Forbes-White. Position: Goaltender. Second season with the club, 1 AIHL game, 0.813 save percentage. More information.
– New signing: Ainars Podzins. Position: Forward. 2017-18 season: Edinburgh Capitals (EIHL) – 32 games, 20 points; Metallurg Novokuznetsk (VHL) – 13 games, 1 point. More information
– New signing: Channing Bresciani. Position: Defence. 2017-18 season: University of Manitoba (U Sports) – 24 games, 8 points. More information
– New signing: Chris Leveille. Position: Forward. 2017-18 season: Laval Rocket (AHL) – 6 games, 1 point; Brampton Beast (ECHL) – 64 games, 51 points. More information.
– New sponsor: The Signal Co. Wireless. New major sponsor, previously a player and post-game sponsor.
– Re-signing: Tyerell Clare. Position: Defence. Fourth season with the club, 71 AIHL games, 11 points.
– Re-signing: Adrian Esposito. Position: Forward. Fourteenth season with the club, 248 AIHL, 66 points.
– The Northstars have added Canadian forward Kale Kerbashian to their roster in an effort to increase the teams scoring rate. Kerbashian spent the 2016-17 season playing for the Allen Americans and Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL where he recorded 23 points in 35 games. For more information see the article from the Newcastle Herald.
– Dylan Pope will debut for the club this weekend against the Sydney Ice Dogs. Pope spent last season playing for the Adelaide Falcons in the South Australian A Grade and most recently competed in his second season with the Adelaide Generals of the Australian Junior Ice Hockey League.
– Sean Greer returns to the roster for the first time this season and Graham Charbonneau returns after missing last week due to family commitments.
– For more information see the club website.
Sydney Ice Dogs
– The Ice Dogs have announced the signing of Canadian defenceman Rory Rawlyk for the remainder of the season. Rawlyk spent the 2016-17 season playing for ASC Corona Brasov of the MOL Liga and the Florida Everblades and Atlanta Gladiators of the ECHL. He has also previously competed in the American Hockey League and Elite Ice Hockey League. For more information see the article by Juno Tsalis.
– The Brave have revealed their new jerseys for the upcoming 2017 season which includes a new design for their away jersey. For more information see their Facebook page.
– The Thunder have announced the signing of goaltender Peter Di Salvo for the 2017 season. Di Salvo previously played six games for the Thunder during the 2015 season where he was signed on an interim basis to cover for the injured Mark Guggenberger. Di Salvo has spent the 2016-17 season playing for the Mississippi RiverKings in the Southern Professional Hockey League as well as being loaned out to the Wichita Thunder and Allen Americans of the ECHL. For more information see the announcement from the club.
Sydney Ice Dogs
– The Ice Dogs have announced the return of defenceman Shannon McGregor for the 2017 season. McGregor last played for the Ice Dogs in 2015 before taking a year out from the AIHL. McGregor has played in a total of 193 games for the Ice Dogs, recording a total of 34 points. He is also a former member of the Australian national team, competing at the World Championships in 2014 and 2015. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Adrenaline have announced the signing of American forward TJ Battani for the 2016 season. Battani last played for the Utah Grizzlies of the ECHL during the 2013-14 season where he recorded two points in twenty games. On top of his three seasons in the ECHL Battani has also played one season in the Canadian Interuniversity Sport system and four in the Ontario Hockey League.
– Canadian forward Cole MacMillan has signed on with the Adrenaline for the 2016 season. MacMillan spent the 2015-16 season playing for the University of Prince Edward Island in the Canadian Interuniversity Sport system. He has also previously spent played in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League and Maritime Junior A Hockey League.
Newcastle North Stars
– The North Stars have announced the signing of Brandon Wong. The signing is a temporary deal to cover the absence of their two imports, Brandon Greenside and Josh Harris, who are currently involved in the Southern Professional Hockey League playoffs. Wong spent the 2015-16 season playing in the ECHL for Indy Fuel and the Tulsa Oilers and has previously played in the Metal Ligaen and American Hockey League. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Bears have announced the signing of Geoff Irwin for the upcoming 2016 season. Irwin last played for the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL during the 2014-15 season and has previously played for ECHL clubs the Las Vegas Wranglers, Ontario Reign and Idaho Steelheads. For more information see the announcement from the club.
- The Sunday Times have revealed that the Thunder have signed goaltender Mark Guggenberger for the remainder of the 2015 season. Guggenberger is expected to arrive this week and replaces interim goaltender Peter Di Salvo who left the club last week due to international commitments. Guggenberger has spent the 2014-15 season playing in the ECHL for the Fort Wayne Komets and Gwinnett Gladiators and has also previously played in the American Hockey League and Central Hockey League.
- Mark McCann made his debut start in a regular season game for the club a day after making his debut on the ice after coming on as a replacement for starting goaltender Daniel Wilkinson. McCann has previously started for the Thunder in Game 3 of their exhibition series against New Zealand back in April. He has previously played two seasons in the Australian Junior Ice Hockey League for the Perth Sharks and three seasons in the Western Australian Super League for the Cockburn Blackhawks.
The Melbourne Mustangs have announced the signing of Drew Akins for the 2015 season. Akins last played for the Huntsville Havoc in the Southern Professional Hockey League and has also played in the ECHL, Central Hockey League and the Polska Liga Hokejowa. Akins joins the team as the replacement for 2015 signing Rusty Masters who left the club due to personal reasons.