– The AIHL Podcast have announced that forward Vladimir Rubes has retired from the league following the conclusion of the 2018 season. Rubes played 16 seasons for the Bears from 2000 to 2018 and represented Australia at the World Championships on eight occassions between 2000 and 2009.
Sydney Ice Dogs
– The Ice Dogs have signed Christopher Blagg to the position of head coach for ahead of the 2017 season. Blagg replaces Vladimir Rubes, who along with assistant coach Christopher Sekura, have stepped down due to family commitments. Blagg is a former member of the Australian national team, competing in eight World Championships. The club also signed Christopher Foster and Andrew Waite as assistant coaches for 2017. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Brave have announced the re-signing of head coach Josh Unice for the upcoming 2016 season. Unice was appointed to the position on an interim basis following the departure of Brad Hunt in July 2015. The club also announced the re-signing of their assistant coaches David Rogina and Stuart Philps for 2016.
– The Bears have announced the signing of Billy Cliff for the upcoming 2016 season. Cliff returns to the AIHL after taking a year off. He previously played for the Sydney Ice Dogs from 2008 to 2013 and was a member of the Australian national team in 2013 and 2014. For more information see the announcement by the club
Sydney Ice Dogs
– The Ice Dogs have announced the signing of Vladimir Rubes to the head coach position for the 2016 season. Rubes previously coached the Sydney Bears from 2001 to 2015 and stepped down in October 2015 citing family commitments. He has also coached the Australian under-18 team from 2001 to 2006 and the Australian national team from 2011 to 2013. Rubes replaces interim head coach Tim Flynn who left the position back in October. For more information see the announcement by the club.
The Sydney Bears have announced that Ron Kuprowsky has been promoted to the head coach position for the upcoming 2016 season after Vladimir Rubes stepped down in October due to family commitments. Kuprowsky joined the Bears last season as an assistant coach under Vladimir Rubes and was formally the head coach of the Sydney Ice Dogs from 2010 to April 2014.
The Sydney Bears have announced that Vladimir Rubes has stepped down from the head coach position due to family commitments. Rubes has held the position since 2000 and played for the club until the end of the 2013 season, amassing a total of 399 points in 239 games.