The 2015 AIHL All-Star Weekend has finished with Team Schlamp defeating Team Bales 7-3 in the All-Star Game. Michael Schlamp of the Sydney Bears and Brian Bales of the Newcastle North Stars led the two teams in the inaugural event which was held at the Hunter Ice Skating Stadium in Newcastle. Patrick O’Kane of the Melbourne Mustangs was awarded most valuable player for the match and received a $5,000 cash prize. The Melbourne also received a $4,000 cash prize as the club of the most valuable player. A trophy, the McCormack Cup, will be commissioned during the off-season for the winner of the most valuable player award and is named after AIHL fan and supporter Mick McCormack who put forward the cash prizes.
For more information on the Weekend including the team rosters see the article on TheAIHL.com.
Skills Competition: List of Participants
- Breakaway Challenge: Brian Bales (Newcastle North Stars)
- Fastest Skater: Robert Haselhurst (Perth Thunder)
- Elimination Shootout: Matt Wetini (Newcastle North Stars)
- Hardest Shot: Matt Armstrong – 96mph (Melbourne Ice)
- Shooting Accuracy: Josef Rezek (Adelaide Adrenaline)
- Stick Handling: Thomas Powell (Melbourne Ice)
- Team Schlamp 7 – 3 Team Bales (13:00, 13 September 2015, Hunter Ice Skating Stadium). Game Card