Sydney Ice Dogs
– Kale Costa joined the team for the first time this season in their 8 July game against the Adelaide Adrenaline. Kosta played two games for the Ice Dogs in 2017 and has spent the 2017-18 season playing for HC Slovan Usti nad Labem U16 in the ELIOD Extraliga mladšího dorostu where he finished as the teams top scorer with 39 points from 33 games.
– The Brave have released pictures of their Pride Game jerseys which will be worn during their 7 July match against the Melbourne Mustangs. For details and pictures of the jerseys see the post on the club’s Facebook page.
– The Adrenaline have released a picture of their Canada Day jerseys which will be worn during their game against the CBR Brave on 1 July. For a picture of the jerseys see the post on the club’s Facebook page and for more information on the game see the article on their website
– Jakob Doornbos and Nickolas Eckhardt made their first appearance on the bench for the club this season with both goaltenders serving as backup in a game each against the Melbourne Mustangs. Doornbos and Eckhardt were were called up to fill in for regular backup goaltender Alex Tetrault.
– James Downie joined the team for the first time this weekend in Sydney and Newcastle. Downie started in the Ice’s game against the Sydney Ice Dogs and backed-up for Jaden Pine-Murphy in Newcastle. Downie recently returned from the United States where he has been playing for Meijer AAA Hockey 18U
– Maksim Shneider has made his debut for the Melbourne Ice, lining up in the game against the Newcastle Northstars. The Russian born Shneider has been playing in the Victorian Premier League for the Melbourne Sharks where he currently has five points from six games.
– The Bears have signed Kayne Fedor for their 24 June game against the Adelaide Adrenaline. The signing looks to have been made to avoid falling below the minimum number of players for a game after Ryan Lough and Fredrik Rozenberg did not return to the lineup after the 23 June match. Fedor last played in the AIHL for the Adrenaline in 2016 and is currently signed with the Adelaide Tigers in the South Australian Premier League.
– Peter Chamberlain has announced that he will step aside Chairman of the Brave until further notice. The move comes after an incident, now dubbed the “bincident”, at the game between the Brave and Sydney Bears at the Macquarie Ice Rink on 12 May. For more information regarding the incident have a listen to Episode 11 of The Fifth Liners Podcast and see the statement from the Brave released yesterday.