The Brave held their 2017 Presentation Night on 16 August.
– Most Valuable Player:
– Best Forward: Stephen Blunden
– Best Defenceman: Dominic Jalbert
– Emerging Brave: Bayley Kubara
– Players Player: Dominic Jalbert
– Coaches Award: Matt Harvey
– Fan Choice: Jan Safar
– John Lewis Memorial Award: Krisy Maricic and Bede Riley
– The Brave have announced Menslink as their community partner for 2018, starting with a donation on 13 August. The club is also auctioning off their purple coloured jerseys from 12 August game. For more information see the announcement of the partnership and the details of the auction.
– The Brave have announced that The Woden Tradies & Quality Hotel has signed on to be their official post-game venue for the remainder of the 2017 season.
– ONTHEGO have joined the Brave as their official apparel partner with a 2017 merchandise range to be released this week.
– The Adrenaline have announced that the radio station 1079 Life as signed on as the club’s official media partner for 2017. The deal will include a live broadcast of at least one Adrenaline game this season as well as regular interviews with players, staff and volunteers. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Brave have announced the signing of forward Wehebe Darge for the 2017 season. It had originally been announced that Darge would re-join the Adelaide Adrenaline when he returns in June. Darge has spent his entire AIHL career up to this point playing for the Adrenaline, competing in a total of 154 games and recording 219 points. During the 2016-17 season Darge has been playing for the Peterborough Phantoms of the English Premier Ice Hockey League recording 46 points in 53 games. For more information see the announcement from the Brave or the announcement from the Adrenaline.
– The Brave have announced their captains for the 2017 season. Mark Rummukainen has been named captain with Jordan Gavin and Jan Safar as the two alternate captains.
Sydney Ice Dogs
– Reach Crane Trucks have re-signed as a major sponsor with the Ice Dogs for the 2017 season. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Brave have announced new and returning sponsors for the 2017 season. Returning sponsors include allinsure, Coordinate, McDonald’s ACT, and Anytime Fitness who has increased their support to be a major sponsor. The clubs new sponsor is the Tuggeranong Hyperdome who comes on as a major sponsor for 2017. The ACT Government and Active Canberra will also continue their support of the National League Team Program.
– Jamie Woodman will take over the captaincy for the 2017 season. Woodman replaces Sam Wilson in the position who has held it since the club joined the league in 2012. Andrew Cox will return as one of the clubs alternate captains, while Per Daniel Goransson replaces Jordan Kyros as the second alternate captain. For more information see the announcement from club.
– The Northstars have announced the signing of Canadian forward Steven Kuhn for the 2017 season. Kuhn has spent the 2016-17 season playing for Bisons de Neuilly-sur-Marne of the French Division 1 where he has recorded 20 points in 24 games. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Bears have announced the signing of Canadian forward Tyler Noseworthy for the 2017 season. Noseworthy has spent the 2016-17 season playing in the Federal Hockey League, Southern Professional Hockey League, and the North East Senior Hockey League. For more information see the announcement from the club.
CBR Brave, Newcastle Northstars, Perth Thunder, Sydney Bears and tagged 2017 AIHL season, ACT Government, Active Anytime, allinsure, Andrew Cox, Anytime Fitness, Bisons de Neuilly-sur-Marne, CBR Brave, Coordinate, French Division 1, Huntsville Havoc, Jamie Woodman, Jordan Kyros, McDonald's ACT, Newcastle Northstars, Per Daniel Göransson, Perth Thunder, Samuel Wilson, Southern Professional Hockey League, Steven Kuhn, Sydney Bears, Tuggeranong Hyperdome, Tyler Noseworthy on .
April 13, 2017
Leave a comment
The Brave have announced their roster for the upcoming 2017 season. New additions to the team are
Brian Bales, Corey Banks, Matt Buskas, Will Bourgault, Nick Eckhardt, Dominic Jalbert, Bayley Kubara and Toby Kubara. While players dropped from the team are Art Bidlevskii, Zachary Boyle, Nicola Brandi, Harrison Byers, Timothy Cox, Matthew Gilpin, Mathieu Guertin, Ryan Johnson, Matti Luoma, Luke Moore and Neal Prokop.
#20 Alexandre Tetreault
#35 Aleksi Toivonen
#38 Nickolas Eckhardt
#13 Luke Philps
#15 Casey Kubara
#16 Tyler Kubara
#18 Mitchell Henning
#19 Jordan Gavin
#21 Jordon Brunt
#42 Brian Bales
#64 Kai Miettinen
#73 Stephen Blunden (I)
#77 Tom Letki
#85 Toby Kubara
#88 Geordie Wudrick (I)
– Corey Banks
– Will Bourgault
#7 Bayley Kubara
#12 Mark Rummukainen
#17 James Byers
#24 Jan Safar (I)
#25 Matt Buskas (I)
#71 Dominic Jalbert (I)
#81 Matthew Harvey
– The Adrenaline have announced the signing of Zachary Boyle for the 2017 season. Boyle spent the 2016 season playing for the CBR Brave where he recorded nine points in 29 games. Boyle previously played for the Adrenaline in the 2014 and 2015 seasons. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Thunder have announced a partnership with MyLeadPod, an automated business reward program.
– The Bears have signed American forward Jackson Brewer for the upcoming 2017 season. Brewer spent the 2016-17 season playing for the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs of the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) where he recorded 41 points in 43 games. During the 2015-16 season Brewer spent time at three other SPHL clubs, the Knowville Ice Bears, Huntsville Havoc and Macon Mayhem, and was loaned out briefly out the Evansville IceMen of the ECHL. For more information see the announcement from the club.
Sydney Ice Dogs
– The Ice Dogs have announced the signing of Canadian goaltender Damien Ketlo for the upcoming season. Ketlo spent the 2016-17 playing in his fifth season for the University of Lethbridge of the U Sports system, recording a 0.881 save percentage in six games. Prior to joining the University of Lethbridge Ketlo had a brief stint with the Colorado Eagles of the ECHL in the 2011-12 season. For more information see the announcement from the club.
Adelaide Adrenaline, CBR Brave, Perth Thunder, Sydney Bears, Sydney Ice Dogs and tagged 2017 AIHL season, Adelaide Adrenaline, CBR Brave, Damien Ketlo, Jackson Brewer, MyLeadPod, Perth Thunder, Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs, Southern Professional Hockey League, Sydney Bears, Sydney Ice Dogs, U Sports, University of Lethbridge, Zachary Boyle on .
April 11, 2017
Leave a comment
– The Brave have signed Canadian defenceman Dominic Jalbert for the upcoming 2017 season. Jalbert has spent the 2016-17 season playing for Pionniers De Chamonix-Morzine of the Ligue Magnus where he recorded 29 points in 44 games. 2016-17 was Jalbert’s third season in the Ligue Magnus and has previously played in the Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey and the ECHL. For more information see the announcement from the club