– The Ice and Mustangs will compete in an exhibition game at the O’Brien Group Arena on 7 April as part of their pre-season warm up.
– The following week the Ice, Mustangs, Adrenaline and Brave will take part in a hockey festival at the O’Brien Group Arena. The festival will run on 14 and 15 April and feature eight games.
Sydney Ice Dogs
– The Ice Dogs have signed forward Geordie Wudrick for the upcoming 2018 season. Wudrick has spent the last two seasons playing for the CBR Brave and before that played a season with the Newcastle Northstars. During the AIHL off-season Wudrick has been playing for EHC Berlin Blues of the German Regionalliga. For more information see the announcement from the club
– The Brave have announced the appointment of Mike Sargeant and Gordon Cockell as assistant coaches for the upcoming 2018 season. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Brave have announced the signing of defenceman Per Daniel Göransson for the upcoming 2018 season. Göransson has spent the last two seasons playing for the Perth Thunder where he recorded 34 points in 47 games. For more information see the announcement from the club.
The Brave held their 2017 Presentation Night on 16 August.
– Most Valuable Player: Stephen Blunden
– Best Forward: Stephen Blunden
– Best Defenceman: Dominic Jalbert
– Emerging Brave: Bayley Kubara
– Players Player: Dominic Jalbert
– Coaches Award: Matt Harvey
– Fan Choice: Jan Safar
– John Lewis Memorial Award: Krisy Maricic and Bede Riley
– The Brave have announced Menslink as their community partner for 2018, starting with a donation on 13 August. The club is also auctioning off their purple coloured jerseys from 12 August game. For more information see the announcement of the partnership and the details of the auction.
– The Brave have announced that The Woden Tradies & Quality Hotel has signed on to be their official post-game venue for the remainder of the 2017 season.
– ONTHEGO have joined the Brave as their official apparel partner with a 2017 merchandise range to be released this week.
– The Adrenaline have announced that the radio station 1079 Life as signed on as the club’s official media partner for 2017. The deal will include a live broadcast of at least one Adrenaline game this season as well as regular interviews with players, staff and volunteers. For more information see the announcement from the club.
– The Brave have announced the signing of forward Wehebe Darge for the 2017 season. It had originally been announced that Darge would re-join the Adelaide Adrenaline when he returns in June. Darge has spent his entire AIHL career up to this point playing for the Adrenaline, competing in a total of 154 games and recording 219 points. During the 2016-17 season Darge has been playing for the Peterborough Phantoms of the English Premier Ice Hockey League recording 46 points in 53 games. For more information see the announcement from the Brave or the announcement from the Adrenaline.
– The Brave have announced their captains for the 2017 season. Mark Rummukainen has been named captain with Jordan Gavin and Jan Safar as the two alternate captains.
Sydney Ice Dogs
– Reach Crane Trucks have re-signed as a major sponsor with the Ice Dogs for the 2017 season. For more information see the announcement from the club.